Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Extend Command Ops 2 over 2 Monitors?

Tzar007

Is there anyway to extend Command Ops 2 over two monitors instead of being restricted to one? Most programs I would simply drag the top title bar across my second monitor, but CO2 doesn't seem to have an option to run into windowed mode?

john connor

Whenever I've done it I've kept the main window on one monitor and moved all the smaller windows to the second. This works by just dragging and dropping the smaller windows. As far as I know, you can't re-size the main window across 2 screens.

Tzar007

That's clever, I actually didn't think about moving the dialog boxes over to my second monitor but you're right, they do move across. Well, that's freeing up enough real estate for now, thanks for the tip! Still, I hope that eventually we could extend the map over multiple monitors, that would come in handy over large maps.

john connor

Should warn you - unless it's been fixed (which I don't recall) the program remembers your last windows set up, regardless of how many screens you use, so if you put all your info windows on a second screen, then start up next time on just a single screen, the program will still think all those windows are on the second screen. It wont see that theres no second screen. So all those windows will be invisible if you're now on a single screen. Only way around it is to manually drag all those windows back to your main screen (when you've got 2 screens up, and can see them). Annoying. Unless it's been fixed, but I don't recall a fix.

Tzar007

OK thanks for the warning. I play only on my main system with dual monitors so I'll be OK but that's good to know they could be "hiding" beneath" the first dialog if you switch to one monitor only.