Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

False Closeness & Fighting at Night is Hard!

MarkShot

Manhay Crossroads (5.1.24/Default/Allies/Painfully Realistic).

It would look like I was a hair a way from a decisive victory. The meter:

Meter.jpg

However, if you look at the AAR, you will see that I was almost 50% away from a decisive victory:

AAR1a.jpg

Finally, taking/holding objectives at night is hard! I would not have had my decisive victory, but I just didn't know that this armor company was there (except implicitly).

HardToFind.jpg

In any case, a great battle and I learned a few things about the new engine and its options as my main experience was RDOA/HTTR/COTA.

MarkShot

I like this more detailed AAR. It confirms that my night time closed terrain assault of enemy armor on trails among the heavy pine forest was highly effective. Infantry when used properly can be very effective against armor. 25% of AFV losses where due to bazookas. I would say if it was further broken down by half-track and tanks, the percentage would be much higher. Since I intentionally went big cat hunting at night. (Panthers that would have stood off well against my Shermans during the day died with a whimper to close assaults at night.)