Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Timolution

So I finally got my big batch of LnL Tactics modules (Heroes of Normandy, Heroes of N Africa, Heroes of the Pacific & Against the Red Star) that I ordered through my FLGS here and I have to say that upon opening the boxes I was rather disappointed in the component quality tbh... :(

More specifically, in every box there is at least one counter sheet that has been printed off-center. Most of these are still readable, though one sheet in Heroes of Normandy is barely borderline acceptable, but the worst culprit is Heroes against the Red Star. Sheet 01 is so off center that text and numbers at the top of the counters are cut-off and the large map included has been folded fairly poorly outside the creasing lines and has visible damage on the printed side. :sorry:

I might consider getting the X-maps next year, if they are still available at my FLGS (big if though), to mitigate the map issue but I'm a bit nonplussed about the counters. So now I'm wondering wether it would be possible to request a replacement for at least countersheet 01 (and perhaps large map) of the Red Star module, even though I didn't buy the game directly from the LnL publishing store?

Here are some pics to show what I'm talking about (link below each leads to ImgBB for a larger view):

ATRS counter sheet 01:

Counter_sheet_01.jpg

https://preview.ibb.co/f8oRF6/Counter_sheet_01.jpg

ATRS counter examples:

Counter_example.jpg

https://preview.ibb.co/fditv6/Counter_example.jpg

ATRS map misfold & damage:

Misfold.jpg
Misfold_detail.jpg
Map_damage_example.jpg

https://preview.ibb.co/dZbfa6/Misfold.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/nuNxNm/Misfold_detail.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/k0Fj2m/Map_damage_example.jpg

ChuckB

Really sorry to hear that. I got five of the Lock 'n Load Tactical games this time and only one countersheet of Heroes of North Africa was misaligned and I contacted the LnL support and received a replacement sheet (for free) within a week, just send them the photos

Ty Snouffer

Yep, submit a ticket. Great customer support regardless of where you purchased from.

Timolution

Alright, thanks fellas. I'll try opening a ticket for the counters then.:)

And I just came to realize the map'll probably not be a such big issue after all, as I'll likely cut it up in individual panels for scanning (archival/replacement if ever necessary) and mounting on cardboard anyway.

Rydo

That may happens and i'm sorry for you really :(

I got Heroes against the red star too with x-maps from Ln'L website and they were perfect in everything.

Contact them here, they will surely help you!

A hug fellow player! :)

And just a small hint for you my friend: look up here on the forums as it may appear a small campaign for your Heroes against the red star starring the belgian army and the king tiger you already have ;)

Ty Snouffer

There is actually a printing error on the Red Star X-Map. The big map. See if you can find it. :)

Barthheart

Staff member
Alright, thanks fellas. I'll try opening a ticket for the counters then.:)

And I just came to realize the map'll probably not be a such big issue after all, as I'll likely cut it up in individual panels for scanning (archival/replacement if ever necessary) and mounting on cardboard anyway.

GAH! Don't cut up your map!!!!! :nailbiting:
If you want a digital copy, just take the file out of the VASSAL module.

Timolution

Thx all! I opened a Ticket so we'll see what happens. :)

A hug fellow player! :)

And just a small hint for you my friend: look up here on the forums as it may appear a small campaign for your Heroes against the red star starring the belgian army and the king tiger you already have

Haha, thanks! I needed that! *hugs Rydo back* And I'll see if I can locate that scenario for sure! :D

There is actually a printing error on the Red Star X-Map. The big map. See if you can find it. :)

Will do if I ever get my hands on the X-Maps! :pompous:

GAH! Don't cut up your map!!!!! :nailbiting:
If you want a digital copy, just take the file out of the VASSAL module.

Dear lord... Why did I never think of doing that before!? Would have saved me a lot of scanning and photoshop work over the years. :bored: I'll probably still cut and mount the map though (sorry for any distress caused by these words:p), but I've done it before with paper maps, so I'm used to doing it. A good sharp scalpel, a metal straight edge, good quality cardboard, paper glue and 5 seconds of courage go a long way! :D

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
We are very sorry your counter sheets are off, I hate this and I have personally open so many random boxes to check against this. Please open a support ticket and post the pictures and my guys will get this sorted next week when we are back. Again there is nothing more upsetting than seeing this happen.

David

Stefano G.

Hello David,
i have had the same problem with 1 of my HoNA countersheets :(...Counters have been printed off-center (Heroes name, Vehicle name, "Shaken" text - and so on - partially cut-off)...i'll open a ticket with many pictures.

Thank for your support :)

Last edited:

Starman

I opened a ticket. I didn't take a picture of the counter sheet before punching, but it is the same one as Timolution's that is misaligned.

I have the X-Map and have just checked the game map , the folding has marked white creases. The X map folding wasn't great and even under plexiglass the creasing doesn't lay flat. The smaller maps are much better, it may have been better to standardise on the smaller sizes for both as the creases and white lines appear to be visually less appealing that abutting multi smaller maps together.

Timolution

We are very sorry your counter sheets are off, I hate this and I have personally open so many random boxes to check against this. Please open a support ticket and post the pictures and my guys will get this sorted next week when we are back. Again there is nothing more upsetting than seeing this happen.

David

Hey David,

Thanks for chiming in. Of course I don't blame you guys, lord knows I've had tons of misaligned counters in various games over the years. At least you guys are still in business and taking care of customers. Nothing more frustrating than getting my hand on an old game, having issues with components and then finding out the publisher has long since gone kaputt.:sorry:

Just for completeness sake, I opened a ticket last Wednesday (id #RSRSZWN) with pictures and scans, so I'll wait for you guys to have settled in again and take a look at it. :)

Starman

Thankyou David and Darren in Customer Support , fast response and they are sorting issues.

IMO good customer service is based on how they respond to issues and lnlpublishing ticks those boxes.

Timolution

Still haven't gotten a reply myself...:sorry: Status of my ticket now says 'customer extended wait', but no idea what that signifies. Crossing my fingers I'll hear something before the Thanksgiving holidays over there in the States.

Starman

I probably but my ticket in before yours and Darren did say he would do what he could before Thanksgiving.

Not something we celebrate in England.

Timolution

All the tickets were completed but Zac has not updated all of them yet. I gave them the holiday and weekend off. Wait until Monday and we should all be all caught up.

David

Sorry for the late reaction but was out of town for a while. Can confirm that I got a reply from Zac last Thursday saying replacement items will be shipped. Thank you Zac & David for the follow-up! :)