Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Fire in the same hex as units who cannot move.... how to resolve/ignore/continue.

Oi_you_nutter

This type of situation keeps on coming up. Sometime I manage to sort the problem out without knowing what I did right/wrong.

Ref the screenshot: hex 15K7 is on fire.
The shaken unit has an immobile Vickers. How to resolve the Fire nag?
Can they drop the Vickers? I don't see an option.
I am stuck in a fire resolution loop.
How to proceed?

2021-03-11 LNLT fire Clipboard01.png

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
There's apparently been a bug that Shaken units can't drop a weapon in the Ops Phase. Not sure how long it's been like that, nobody noticed for a while. It's fixed for the next version.

The fire notice is basically telling you that you can't Pass because there is the possibility that the turn would end (if the other player passes) and then those fire-hex units would not have done their mandatory movement or morale check. You can still activate someone else (if there is someone) and then end the impulse if you want to do that first.

Oi_you_nutter

Thanks for the reply.
I had a similar issue with a shaken ATG in a fire hex.
Not sure of all the possible reasons/permutations of why a unit may not be able to move from a Fire hex but is forced to do so due to failing the morale check. but I seem to bump into those situations.

Marechal

There's apparently been a bug that Shaken units can't drop a weapon in the Ops Phase. Not sure how long it's been like that, nobody noticed for a while. It's fixed for the next version.

The fire notice is basically telling you that you can't Pass because there is the possibility that the turn would end (if the other player passes) and then those fire-hex units would not have done their mandatory movement or morale check. You can still activate someone else (if there is someone) and then end the impulse if you want to do that first
Thanks for the explanation!