Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Fire Team - Red Eclipse AAR - Knock Knock

Steve Overton

I've had some family issues over the past 2 weeks/10 days, that are continuing even today. In that time, a situation in the rules that was left to see how it worked out, has been determined in this very AAR for me.

Opportunity Fire has for the most part in the past been triggered by movement. Which is a legitimate trigger. Direct fire was also considered a trigger but I wanted to get more playtesting done to see if it worked well as a trigger.

Because the rules are set up to be reflective of real life situations as much as possible and to reflect the dliema commanders face during battle I am changing the Opportunity Fire rules at this time. I am going to add that any unit that is fired on may fire back. Of course, that will mean that they have used Opportunity Fire for that impulse at that time. It will stop the possibility of the event that happened earlier in this AAR where Soviet tanks fired up at NATO tanks at a very large disadvantage with not negative response to them firing.

Which means I need to go back and redo the the orders for this impulse and decide if the Soviet tanks want to fire up at the M1A1's on the hill and try for triples when any hit by a NATO tank will kill the Soviet tank it hits. There are dangers associated with firing at the enemy during your impulse now. They can fire back using Opportunity Fire.

I just need to decide how I want to amend this AAR so we can move forward with it.

I have decided to simply delete the posts that don't show current game play standards and continue from there.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Last edited:

Steve Overton

Sorry for the delay in finishing this. We are in the process of doing the map and counter graphics and I'd like to finish it with the actual graphics.

So, bear with me just a bit longer and we'll be continuing our battle.

Good Hunting.