By David Heath on Jul 5, 2015 at 4:00 PM
  1. David Heath

David Heath Administrator
    Staff Member Support Staff

WaW-Untold Stories Map A Sample1.jpg

The title says it all. This is a sample map of the new World At War - The Untold Stories map. Please look it over and let us know what you think.

David

Doug Alber likes this.
?

Do You Like the New Map Style over current maps

Poll closed Aug 4, 2015.
  1. Yes, go with the new style

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. no, I like the old style

4 vote(s)
    25.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'World At War 85 Series' started by David Heath, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Matt Lohse
      Matt Lohse
      I like it but don't let my opinion swap peoples votes.
    2. Doug Alber
      Doug Alber
      I like it ... a lot. It seems to be a cross between the old AH Panzerblitz/Panzer Leader maps and more modern game maps
    3. Qwirz
      Qwirz
      I like them very much!!! But how will they match with the old style?
    4. David Heath
      David Heath
      They won't, all the maps will be redone.
    5. Scott Chisholm
      Scott Chisholm
      I just jumped into the World at War thing with my purchase of AC and TWI. Are the maps from the different games geomorphic in that roads/rivers from one game's maps will link up with the roads/rivers from another game's maps?

Edit: I just realized that "matching" in this thread might mean artwork....
    6. David Heath
      David Heath
      Hi Chris

All the maps are being redesign.... but NOT changed. Most maps are geomorphic for the series.

David
    7. Scott Chisholm
      Scott Chisholm
      Thanks for the reply. I'm probably jumping the gun since I haven't even punched out the counters on AC and TWI yet....
    8. Eric M Walters
      Eric M Walters
      I would hope these winterized maps were a purchase option separately. I've got all the WAW series games and would like not to have to repurchase them just for the new maps....
      Doug Alber and Qwirz like this.
    9. David Heath
      David Heath
      These maps are going to be for the second edition of the World At War series. Our new map style are two sided seasonal maps. So when you buy the game you get both maps.

David
    10. Zac
      Zac
      What is the ETA for the release of the 2nd edition? If there is one.
    11. David Heath
      David Heath
      Zac we have stopped giving release dates since it so easy for them to be delayed. The rules are now in layout and the counters are done. Marc got to finish up the maps and pretty much we are good to go.

David
    12. Zac
      Zac
      Thanks.

Is the new edition going to be Eisenbach Gap or a different counter and scenario set?
    13. David Heath
      David Heath
      We are starting with The Untold Stories and will have almost everything ready for the series once we start. This way there will not be a long delay.

David
    14. Ralph Ferrari
      Ralph Ferrari
      It's Good to see the WaW titles back in print, especially TUS. It is my second favorite WaW Expansion, with very strong and fun scenarios. PiB is still my favorite. Love the new maps.
    15. rastamann
      rastamann
      I must admit I rather enjoy the simplicity of America Conquered and the 1st printing of Eisenbach Gap, but this style is growing on me - the winter one, though, that one is gorgeous - I like the lighter colours
    16. johana1201
      johana1201
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2016