Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

First mission questions

I completed my first mission to Meault but, because of heavy cloud cover, got only two hits for no victory points. One bomber received flak damaged over the target! No enemy aircraft interceptions. However, two questions came up during the bombing run. Both deal with rule 11.2.
#1: Rule 2.7.2 says: In some cases the Crew's ratings are added to the Bomber's rating (but doesn't say where). Rule 11.2 states: Total he bomb attack ratings of all bombers remaining in the formation.... It doesn't say anything about the crew bomb rating being added. For the 6 B-17Fs, I got 24. Since several of my green crews had a -1 bomb rating, shouldn't all of the crew ratings be added or subtracted in also?
#2: The Combat Table 8.0 says to shift upward 2 columns for my crack +2 lead bomber crew rating putting me on the 30-34 column giving me 8 attack die rolls. But Rule 11.2 also says, under the note section, to add an additional 2 attack dice. Do I get both for 10 attack dice?
Thank,
Tom Konczal

Tony Costa

Tom,
During The Bomb Run only the Formation Lead Bomber Crew's rating is used.
The Formation Lead Bomber Crew's rating is a column shift as per Rule 11.2.1 and the modifier section of the Combat Table.
Disregard the NOTE at end of 11.2.

I see now the note is misleading, thanks for pointing that out.
-Tony

Last edited:

Tony Costa

For Rule 2.7.2 and actually all of 2.0 COMPONENTS we tried to keep those sections streamlined without getting bogged down in specific rule details, knowing that the graphics would expand the page count we wanted to get you enough of the basic information so that you can get into the heart of the game.

For Rule 2.7.2 and actually all of 2.0 COMPONENTS we tried to keep those sections streamlined without getting bogged down in specific rule details, knowing that the graphics would expand the page count we wanted to get you enough of the basic information so that you can get into the heart of the game.

So I don't worry about the negative bombing modifiers of the crews in the other bombers. I just totaled the bombing factors of the bombers themselves.

Off we go on Mission 2 to Antwerp!

Tony Costa

Correct Tom,
Use only the Formation Lead Bomber's bombing rating.

The other Crew ratings come into play for:
-Air Combat: fire against Enemy Interceptors
-Performance: if using the optional landing rules and also for the Lead Bomber in other cases

Good luck!