Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.10 - CTD when reattaching CCA 4 Arm Div Base in St Vith Tutorial

John Rainey

I get it also. I experimented with a saved game and for me it ONLY happens when the task editor is open. I can recreate it every time. If the editor is not open I have no problem reattaching the unit, If it is open the CTD happens within 5 seconds or so of the reattachment.

Attachments

• St Vith Tutorial Save1.zip
    73.5 KB · Views: 0

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Thanks for the specific steps- they're worth their weight in debugging gold. :)

I've tracked down the cause. It's the Edit Task dialog not handling he destruction of the GameTask when the unit is reattached. I'm working on a fix.

Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Cleared Edit Task Dialog.jpg Boy what a RR PIA this has been. I have fixed it now for Bombardment tasks and hopefully for other task types too but I need to check on that. Here's a screen shot showing the aftermath of the 22nd FA Bn who was originally ordered to bombard but has since been reattached. Note the Edit Task dialog is now properly cleared and it no longer crashes.

free08

I've just updated the game to 509 and unfortunately it still crashes almost every time when I re-attach an artillery unit while it is still firing.
Edit Task dialog was open

MikeH

I've been able to reproduce as well. Nothing but the Edit Task dialog has to be opened. It happens on the second reattach. The first reattach works fine, no CTD. But if you reattach a second unit and the Edit Task dialog has not been closed and reopened it will CTD.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Got it. Yes I see that it goes through the first time all OK but for the second it was trying to update an observer status, which it shouldn't. I have rejigged the code and tested it several times now and it seems to handle multiple reattachments.

FIXED for 5.0.10