Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.10 - Keyboard Focus Issue

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I'm raising this one myself. I know it was raised somewhere else but I've given up trying to find it.

The problem is that if you move the cursor over a dialog and then over the map the map does not get the keyboard focus like it should.

Now I have done a bit of experimentation nd investigation into this and can confirm that if for example in the OB dialog you move from the force tree view over the map you do get keyboard focus on the map. But if you had clicked or moved the mouse over the rest of the dialog and then moved it over the map you don't see the map getting the focus. So obviously the code for handling this from a COntrol class works just fine but from our custom PGWindow class it does not. More investigation required.

john connor

Yes, but what are you talking about, Dave? Lol. Keyboard focus - what is that? Is this like the cursor inaccuracy that has been raised? Because that is quite a nuisance, but has been posted about a few times, I think.

Peter

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Finally nailed this bugger. In the end I had to manually set the focus back to the map each time the mouse leaves a dialog. For some reason MS's normal mouse tracking and focus code was asleep at the wheel. Or maybe it's me not understanding something. But anyway its working much better now. I'm a happy camper again. :)

FIXED