Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.11 - CTD possibly due to First Force Data Dialogue

Daz

Version 5.0.10

I have been trying to pin down these random Crash to Desktops and I think they may be connected to the First Force Data Dialogue.

While running the game with the Force Data Dialogue open, drag select some enemy units.
Then click on some friendly units.
Next click on the E&S tab in the Force Data Dialogue, then click back on the Gen tab.
Drag select some more enemy units, click on single friendly units.
If you keep messing about like this for a short while you should get a Crash to Desktop.

Ill continue to experiment to see if I can pin it down more.

Daz

Its very hard to pin down a precise sequence of actions, but I am managing to get a CTD after a few minutes of having the E&S tab open on the Force Data Dialogue, and randomly drag selecting and single selecting multiple and individual units.
Not positive but I think its also important to have the game running (not paused) to replicate this.

I know you only introduced the ability of the E&S tab to add all selected units equipment together recently, so I was wondering if there is an overflow problem (just a guess, I know nothing about programming), or something that is causing the CTD?

Edit: I'm using the Beda Fomm scenario, playing as Allies for the testing as I have already set them up in static positions. I have given no new orders for quite a while to help eliminate this as being a cause of the CTD.

Last edited:

Daz

My hands are bleeding and my eyes are blurry, but at last I have managed to work out a sequence to reproduce this CTD.

1. Load a game, any game will do.
  2. Open the Force Data Dialogue from the bottom bar (1FD).
  3. Select the E&S tab (you will need to first select a unit to be able to select this tab)
  4. Run the game, any speed will do.
  5. Drag select more than one unit.
  6. Left click anywhere on the map, but not on another unit to clear the selection.
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 three times.
  8. CTD!

Last edited:

Daz

Update:
I'm on a roll now!
You don't need to have the E&S tab open on the Force Data Dialogue, it will CTD after the above sequence (run game; drag select multiple units; click on empty space to clear selection; repeat 3 times), on the Gen tab in the Force Data Dialogue as well.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
This is not random at all. It occurs when running the game after multiple selecting units and having their data displayed in the force data dialog and then as soon as you click on the map and deselect the forces. I have added a simple mod to ensure that if the stored force count is not the same as the current force count then it will call ClearAll() and show a blank set of data in the dialog.

FIXED

Daz

Good job Dave.
I began to see the pattern when I figured it was connected to the Force Data Dialogue, but up until that point is certainly appeared to be random while playing the game, as it seemed to happen at any time during a session.