Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.15 - Screen Centering on unit icon when adjusting task waypoint

Daz

Version 5.0.14

I have a couple of days to myself before we leave for vacation for a couple of weeks, so I fired up my game and loaded the test scenario I did to test for fatigue and recovery rates in the Beda Fomm scenario.

When clicking on a Task waypoint to drag it to another location the game has reverted back to centring on the unit Icon.

This is extremely annoying behaviour that had been fixed in a previous patch, but is back again.

I have all the Dialogues open spread over two monitors if that helps at all?

Edit: I have narrowed down the culprit.
Its the OB Dialogue being open that causes this very undesirable behaviour.

Last edited:

BigDuke66

That maybe partly my fault as I think this comes from a fix for something I reported:
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/fixed-5-1-14-fs-dialog-selection-issue.1712/
FS was a bit problematic with the units in the FS dialog selected not being properly selected on the map so you would have no data, no range and also no clue where that unit was.

Indeed like it now works is annoying but should centering on the unit be turned off completely?

Last edited:

Daz

So its your fault then BigDuke :rage::punch::blackeye:
Just kidding mate :D

There should definitely be centring on the unit, but only when you want it to.
When you are adjusting the task marker that may be at the other end of the map from the unit though, that is definitely not a time you want the map to centre on the unit.

As for the updating of the units in the FS Dialogue, I agree mate. Its nice to be able to see which units Task (bombard) marker you have selected with the unit highlighted in the FS Dialogue, with up to date info on it but I wouldn't want the map centred on the unit unless I was to double click on the unit in the FS Dialogue.

What would be even more awesome would be if you were able to select centring on the bombard Task marker or the bombarding unit from the FS Dialogue as an option.
One for the Feature Requests forum I think ;)

BigDuke66

But its also Daves fault :arghh:, unlike many other games where you can report your ass off and nothing happens he fixes the fixable and that also rather quick.:smuggrin:

Now this fix may bring some more troubles, I've found another situation, I had some messages regarding objectives achieved or lost and clicking on the message in the message dialog makes you jump to the highest HQ, again turning off the OOB dialog lets you jumps to the objective like it should be.

JArraya

Annoying little change in UI - when I select a unit in the bombard panel, it centers on it - makes me lose my spot where I wanted to bombard. After I tell the unit where to bombard, it again centres on my artillery unit. Argh.... jumping all over the map now.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Good catch. I commented out the offending code that was automatically centring on the selected unit and just checked the way the FS, OB and on map selections are working. Centring is now manual. So you will have to double click the unit icon in the FS and OB displays to have the map centre on the unit.

FIXED

JArraya

Dave any update on when the next patch will be out?