Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.8 - Game Crashing After Bridge/Terrain Info + Other Issues

dinsdale

I have had a number of CTDs, they aren't replicable but seem to happen more often immediately after checking crossing information and terrain information around bridges while the game is running. Its happened enough that I now save the game before checking terrain. Windows 7 64bit, happens on multiple scenarios.

Other issues:

My desktop resolution is 1920 x 1080, even on the closest zoom the counters are tiny. Would be great if there was another level of zoom, or a way to change counter size to make them visible.

When creating a new order, is there any way to bring up the edit task dialog and have its context set to the new task? It seems to stick on the last task viewed rather than being usable to edit the new order, meaning another set of mouse clicks to edit the current order.

If I can narrow down a way to replicate the CTD or provide any more info, I'll add to the post.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
dinsdale,

Thanks for the feedback.

Re Edit Task dialog. Check out page 28 of the Game Manual. It shows you how to open one or multiple edit task dialogs. Also note that the first one you open will be automatically updated when you select another order icon. But it only works with the first Edit Task dialog you open. If you close that and leave another one open it won't update it. You would need to close them all an then open one again. So if you already have a the first Task Edit dialog open and you create a new order it should update that dialog with its details.

dinsdale

Dave, thanks for the info on orders.

I have been able to somewhat consistently crash

1) Start command ops, match current screen resolution
2) Load or start new scenario, doesn't seem to matter
3) Make sure the game is running at normal speed
4) Tested with map zoomed to 4 level of zoom (4th tick from the left of the control map)
5) Left click on a bridge (I've been doing it with Malta map (x14704 y8480)
6) The bridge should be highlighted in yellow
7) Right click on other non bridge terrain somewhere else on the map
8) Select crossing details from the pop up menu
9) Close crossing details dialog
10) Repeat step 7
11) Select terrain info from the pop up menu

You may have to repeat steps 7 through 11, I have never had to do it more than 3 times before the crash. Running game and a highlighted bridge somewhere seem to be the required triggers to set off the CTD.