Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.8 - Messages not showing...

Greg

Playing Beta From scenario and no messages have shown up either in the upper left or in the message log tab. I am 95% through the scenario. The message filter is set to Routine. Could this be scenario specific?

john connor

I get messages top left, but the message tab doesn't work. Have posted about it. Which scenario and I'll try it.

john connor

Well, it's like this for me (were you playing as Allies?)

Untitled 17.png

That is, if I have the message tab up then NOTHING appears top left. And the message tab fills and you can scroll in it, but if you close it then everything disappears and isn't there when you open it again. Instead the messages that were in the tab appear top left, but I can't scroll those (with page up and down, as before) and after they 'fill up' they vanish and thus all messages are lost forever. The only way around this, perhaps, is to open the messages tab first thing and NEVER close it. Haven't experimented with this yet.
The message system is definitely porked. And that's a potential show-stopper too, I think, especially in huge scenarios.

Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Thanks for that Peter. I'll look into this. Obviously the message code is failing to either save those messages or reload them. The intent was to do away with the messages appearing on the map altogether. At the moment the only ones that should appear there are the networking and chat messages. Are you seeing other types of messages appearing on the battlemap?