Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.8 - Problem: This Product Is Not Properly Authorised

I installed the core game and all the scenario packs.

I got two desktop icons: Command Ops 2, and Update Command Ops 2. Update Command Ops 2 has the small shield on the icon, indicating that it will request admin rights.

When I use the Command Ops 2 icon, I get: The product is not properly authorised. Please contact Lock 'n Load Publishing support....

When I use the Update icon, I get asked for the admin password, and then Command Ops 2 starts and runs well (extremely limited testing so far.)

If I right-click the Command Ops 2 icon and Run As Administrator, I am asked for the admin password, and then Command Ops 2 runs well.

I'm not honestly sure if this is one issue or two:
a) The Command Ops 2 icon needs rights to run;
b) The Update CO2 icon doesn't appear to run an updater, but maybe it is not meant to?

Hello, Dave! I trust you're doing on the far side of the world.

Leavenworth has not been swept away by the ice sheets this winter! My wife (a Canadian) did, however, concede that winter had *occurred* this year.

Thanks for passing along the note!

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Yes well my wife and I were in Canada last September when they had a cold snap. By my rating it was real cold. If that was just a mild blip, then I do not want to experience a real Canadian winter. :) Please give my regards to your lovely wife.

During the 3 years I lived in Calgary, it hit -40C for a week or two every winter. It tends to recalibrate your sense of cold. That said, we'd probably find Australia rather hot! :)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Yeh probably you would. Today the temp in Alice Springs in the middle of Australia will reach 41C. This is supposed to be the start of Autumn but you wouldn't know it. We're getting so many extreme weather events now it's getting ridiculous. Vanuatu, out in the coral sea, got clobbered by cyclone Pam the other day. 85% of all buildings in Vila, the capital, were flattened. For those climate change sceptics I have a few choice words but I'll get into trouble if I use them here.

:dead: That's too hot for me. :) I had not heard of Vanuatu getting slammed! The news cycle always focuses on the local (just like everywhere.)

I did a little more digging on this:

* The Update Command Ops 2 shortcut points to Play.exe
* The Command Ops 2 icon points to CmdOps.exe
* The Start Menu's Update Command Ops 2 icon points to update.exe
* The \Command Ops 2 directory contains:
update.exe
udpate.dat
update1.exe
udpate1.dat
update2.exe
udpate2.dat
update3.exe
udpate3.dat
update4.exe
udpate4.dat
update5.exe
udpate5.dat

I also have version.txt and version1.txt through version5.txt

Is the proliferation because of the scenario packs?

When I run update.exe manually or from the Start Menu icon, it asks for admin rights, and then does... nothing? If it does do anything it does not tell me.

Also -

If I manually start Play.exe then Command Ops starts up after asking for admin rights.
If I manually start CmdOps.exe it refuses with the error above.

So there's no difference between the desktop icons and running their targets manually.

After uninstalling, I see this, which suggests that the extra files come from the scenario packs. I will delete everything and then reinstall.after-uninstall.jpg

Reinstalled the core engine only - no change to behaviour, except that there's only one update.exe and one update.dat.

Added the Bastogne module - now I have update1.dat and update1.exe.

Are the Bastogne scenarios supposed to have maps in the scenario selection screen, or just Top Secret?

panzerde

Hey Jim, Doug here. Sorry to hear we're going to miss you at Origins this year!

I didn't have to do this, but I'm wondering if it'll help with your setup if you install as Admin?

I will try that - do you mean installing it with "Run as Admin", or installing from the Admin account?

We're sorry to be missing Origins too! I'm still getting grief about it at home, too - Ian is not interested in the "Dad has to work that week" excuse. :)