Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.8 - Problem: This Product Is Not Properly Authorised

Thank you, David! I'll do that.

By the way, I tried a suggestion of Doug's, and "bought" another copy of the core engine in order to get another code. The second code produces the same results as the first one.

TMO

I observe the same behaviour, also get that error message if I try to open map maker and scenario maker.

Regards

Tim

Website
springelkamp.nl
Don't install as admin, because that could prevent you from running the game as normal user.

When you run an installer as normal user, it will ask admin rights to install, but the files will be available for normal users.
When you start the installer as admin, sometimes all files will need admin rights afterwards.

I can start all the editors as normal user.

Another issue might be where you install your game.
Don't install in Program Files, because the writeable files are in subdirectories, and Program Files is write protected and programs there are supposed to use the user directories to store data.

EdJaws

I'm having the exact same problem as James described below along with the same screenshot dialog box error he posted:
...snip... When I use the Command Ops 2 icon, I get: The product is not properly authorised. Please contact Lock 'n Load Publishing support....

When I use the Update icon, I get asked for the admin password, and then Command Ops 2 starts and runs well (extremely limited testing so far.)

If I right-click the Command Ops 2 icon and Run As Administrator, I am asked for the admin password, and then Command Ops 2 runs well.

I'm not honestly sure if this is one issue or two:
a) The Command Ops 2 icon needs rights to run;
b) The Update CO2 icon doesn't appear to run an updater, but maybe it is not meant to?

If it's a serial number issue it seems strange to me that you don't get the error dialog box and the game starts fine if you first right click and select "run as admin". But what do I know ;-]

Coming from more of a Linux background I never use an administrator account but the game has to have privileges when first installing it. I didn't install to program files directory and I see James didn't even install to his C: drive. I gave my user all the privileges to run the game by right clicking, properties, but still no go unless you use the right click, run as admin.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Another issue might be where you install your game.
Don't install in Program Files, because the writeable files are in subdirectories, and Program Files is write protected and programs there are supposed to use the user directories to store data.
Yes we specifically made the default install directory outside of Program Files because of that behaviour. It's MS trying to do the right thing by protecting applications from outside interference. Alas the by product to this is that it saddles the user with a burdensome response regime every time they want to do something to a file within that directory.

James,

Where is your game installed. Can you post the directory path please.

Following Erik Springelkamp's tests:

I can run the Estab Editor and Estab Manager s a normal user.

I cannot run the Map Maker or Scenario Maker; I get the same error as when running the Play.exe file.

I launched them from the Start Menu listing. I will try directly from Windows Explorer.

EM.exe -- launched without trouble
EstabEditor.exe -- launched without trouble
MapMaker.exe -- showed the same error as CmdOps.exe
ScenMaker.exe -- showed the same error as CmdOps.exe

Another piece of info that may be key, and was implied but not necessarily stated above:

I operate in a standard user account, not an admin account.