Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.8 - Problem: This Product Is Not Properly Authorised

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
We have tracked this issue down and I am waiting on a response from Jason at LNL as to how we should best address it. The problem was the installer had placed a file within the Admin User account. Its fine if you are the Admin User but if you are not then you get those annoying pop messages. The solution is to move this file to the General (nonAdmin) users accounts. Most likely this will require changes to the installer. If that is the case then I will liaise with Jason and work out a time to put out a new build. I would prefer to wait till early next week so I can do a new build with the changes I have made and there's already quite a few. I'll let you know how this turns out tomorrow.

EdJaws

Just to follow up and for info only since you seemed to have tracked down the culprit. I can confirm what James is seeing. I originally installed to C:\Games\LnLGames\Command Ops 2. I uninstalled and installed again to the defaults the installer asks for C:\LnLGames\Command Ops 2 with the same results.

To further again confirm what does and doesn't run:
EM.exe -- launched without trouble
EstabEditor.exe -- launched without trouble
MapMaker.exe -- showed the same error as CmdOps.exe
ScenMaker.exe -- showed the same error as CmdOps.exe

play.exe -- asks for admin password
update.exe -- asks for admin password
uninstaller.exe asks for admin password

As a side note, when I installed the second time and when it asked for installing shortcuts, I didn't tick off "all users" and I didn't get any shortcuts either in the start menu or on the desktop whereas the first install gave me desktop shortcuts when I ticked all users.

EdJaws

I guess this problem wasn't addressed in the 5.0.8 update as I'm seeing the same error when running as a user after the update was installed.

Or could it be that we need to download the core engine again to fix it? Can I manually move the file in question so we don't have to "run as admin" or hasn't it been identified yet?

Thank you.

EdJaws

SOLVED - By downloading the core engine again and doing a clean install.

Thanks guys.