Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.1.14 - Corps base disbands

BigDuke66

For some reason my corps base disbands despite taking no or just minor losses, what I saw was dropping in moral and raising in fatigue because it had ran out of Basics but else it didn't seem to be in a worrying condition.
I can't properly repeat it because it happens randomly.
Someone should let this save run and see if it happens for him.

Besides that it's worrying that the corps HQ ran out of basics too and has the same problem of dropping in moral and raising in fatigue.
It looks OK that the all the supply is with the combat units where it is needed but when the higher bases & HQs run out of it and so risk being disbanded than we should think about a reserve to keeps these units afloat till the next resupply comes on the map.

Attachments

• CH23.zip
    610.9 KB · Views: 2

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Well this is probably due to the change I made after people complained that the Base should not get priority of supply over its drawing units. Before it absolute priority - ie it was supplied first and the drawing units got dibs at whatever was left. Now the base and all drawing units have an equal share albeit modified by the supply priority set for each unit. Perhaps we need to tweak that so the base gets a bias but not as much as previously.

BigDuke66

Well its OK to dish out anything it had but if that leads to the base being disbanded it's not OK.
So why was it disband at all? As I said the values did look bad but other units usually need to be beaten to hell before disbanding, here it seems Walmart closed because it ran out of toilet paper.

Not sure about the consumption of supply but maybe the unit could set itself a threshold at which it stops to give out supply to keep itself afloat till the next off map supplies arrive.

Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
OK I have investigated this and can confirm that the reason the unit disbanded was because its morale and dropped below the 20% threshold we use in the StandardDisbandmentAssessment. It's probably dropped that way because it is not getting enough basics as you suggested. I need to find out why. The best way is to step through the AllocateAndDespatchSupplies() that occurs at 1800 and 0600 each day. This is a German base and it may only do the 1800 resupply event. Do you have a save taken close to but before 1800 on any of the days of this scenario?

BigDuke66

Not really close, one is from D7 13:34(that is CH20) and the base is already so far down on moral that it can disband before reaching 18:00, that is what I see in a later save at 17:02 were the base had just disbanded.
I have also added a save from D6 on 16:33 (that is CH17) in case the other is not useful to you.

Attachments

• Greyhound Dash Tutorial Saves.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Ok my investigations so far indicate that the Korps Base disbands because its morale level had dropped so low because it's starving. It's been starving for some time and this progressively reduces morale to the point where it drops below the 20% threshold in the disbandment code. I have stepped through the resupply determination code and discovered that it has bugger all supplies from the Supply Entry Point (SEP). I then checked the resupply priority for the Germans in the ScenMaker and it has a level of only 20%. Even with a full at start load the base soon runs out after a few days. I have raised a query with the scenario designer as to what the rational for this priority beings so low was. In any event we will probably raise it so that it doesn't get this bad.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Advice from Richard Simonitch, the scenario designer, is that the supply situation for the Germans was that dire. So I have left the 20% resupply priority but increased the supply level threshold inside AdjustMorale() from 20% to 40%. That way a lack of basics will only ever reduce the unit down to 40%. So that Korps base won't disband for want of food but it will get perilously close to it and won't be able to sustain much in the way of combat losses before it does go below the morale threshold in the disband code.