Flames in Heroes of the Motherland

Discussion in 'LnLT Rule Questions & Clarifications' started by JKC, Nov 9, 2018.

1. JKC

JKC Member

In the Rattenkrieg scenerio in HoM the SSR says that Flames go out on the 1-4 roll and burn on a 5-6 roll. The counters say the opposite: Flames burn with 1-4 and go out with 5-6. Which applies?
    Thanks.
    John

2. Stéphane Tanguay

Stéphane Tanguay Moderator
    Staff Member

Rules 21.6 in the Modules rules says that Whenever Flames are in play, the rules for them are presented in the scenario's Special Scenario Rules so I'd go with the SSR.

Note that the counters in Not One Step Back (NOSB) 1st edition and NOSB Digital Edition (NOSBDD), ancestors of Heroes of the Motherland (HOTM), were 1-4 Out, 5-6 Burn. The counters in in HOTM 3" box are indeed 1-4 Burn, 5-6 Out. Not sure about NOSB 2n edition of HOTM 1" box. Could anybody owning these last two check for us?

The scenario card in NOSBDD indicate 1-4 Out, 5-6 Burn in the SSR, jsut like in HOTM3. Don't know for the other editions. Could anybody owning them check for us?

I'll admit that 1-4 Burn, 5-6 Out makes for more interesting games :) Last time I played Rattenkrieg, the fire fizzled out rather quicly

3. JKC

JKC Member

Thanks very much Stephane. I'm going to play Rattenkrieg with 1-4 Burn and 5-6 Out.

However, there's an errata to be done on this for the next rules update, no?

John

4. Stéphane Tanguay

Staff Member

It is duly noted, rest assured but is it a counter errata (it seems so) or a scenario errata ? Only Dale Holmstrom would know for sure :)

5. Stéphane Tanguay

Staff Member

Will actually errata the SSR to match the counters in HOTM. makes for a more interesting situation

6. David Heath

David Heath Administrator
    Staff Member Support Staff

I think we should go with the counters myself and adjust the scenario SSR. Let me know what you think.

7. Stéphane Tanguay

Staff Member

Much easier to adjust the SSR than the counters :) And, as I said, more interesting situations will result from this

8. JKC

JKC Member

Thanks for your attention to this guys. :)

Stéphane Tanguay likes this.
  9. Echo419

Echo419 Member

I'm playing this scenario now and wondering which is correct too. The result of my die roll actually hinges on it lol. Which is most likely correct?

Edit: upon rereading the posts here it seems you guys are deferring to the counters.

10. Stéphane Tanguay

Staff Member

Yes, and this will be indicated in the next version of the LNLT Clarifications & Corrections document