Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Foothills of the Gods: Brigade Day Attack

How are you suppose to accomplish Foothills of the Gods: Brigade Day Attack? None of the British troops can enter the terrain of the hill (they are motorized and the hill is impassible to motorized troops).

Kurt

I feel your pain comrade , I played that a while back and asked the same question ( to my cat ) . When we have sequential tasking then it will be a good intro scenario , until then it is just a pain .:rage:

I feel your pain comrade , I played that a while back and asked the same question ( to my cat ) . When we have sequential tasking then it will be a good intro scenario , until then it is just a pain .:rage:
So is "sequential tasking" some sort of code word for dismounting infantry?

john connor

It's always been like that. I don't know why it keeps reappearing unrevised. Not so long back I posted my own revised version of the scenario which tinkered a little with the objectives and threw in some foot troops for the Allies. It's easy to do in scenmaker, and then it's a great little scenario. I have no idea where that file is now though.

Sequential tasking is a prelim part of one kind of solution for dismounted infantry - allowing you to give an order to a unit that it will, for example (in sequence) go to X then dismount and attack Y.

Peter

john connor

Just ran another alternative version off. It's in the resources section. Adds foot troops into all Allied schedules and (to compensate) delays some of the armour a bit. Now you can assault the hill. (NB: You will have to hive off the MG company from the foot Bn, as it's got wheels.) I can do one for the night scenario too, if anyone is interested.

Makes it a very easy fight, actually. You will have a more challenging time, as Allies, if you favour Axis in everything.

Last edited:

simovitch

I vaguely remember playtesting this one for CO1 and there was a way for the brits to win a marginal by occupying the radius around the hill and direct fire/bombarding the Germans. I thought there was a roundabout way up the hill though.

john connor

Not according to the pathing tool, Richard, the obstruction seems to be the gradient itself, otherwise I would have changed the map to add a few trails or make the woods passable to wheels with a penalty. I think the gradient is too steep for wheels/tracks, even if there's a trail?. I have tried surrounding them and bombarding, but I guess it feels a bit frustrating to have all those troops and not be able to get them out of the carriers.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I vaguely remember playtesting this one for CO1 and there was a way for the brits to win a marginal by occupying the radius around the hill and direct fire/bombarding the Germans. I thought there was a roundabout way up the hill though.
Yeh this used to be the case. I am not sure what has happened to obviate this but I am happy to have the scenario modified with a couple of leg units thrown in.

john connor

Ah. It was me, not Daz, post 7.

Does a more major kind of road overrule the gradient restriction, I wonder - ie could you drive carriers up there on a minor road, say, even with that gradient?

john connor

I only tried it with a trail, which didn't work. There aren't and weren't any 'roads' up there historically so thought not to do that. There would have been trails though, but, like I said, that didn't get past the grade restrictions.