Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

for other players

*budd*

Can someone confirm or deny if the delay order is functioning correctly. I reread the CO1 manual and as i understand it you can plot 2 points and the AI will plot the delay points in between or do it yourself as long as you plot at least 3 waypoints. I thought you were able to set loss and rate of fire for each delay point when plotting the points yourself. They seem to default to being all the same. The units don't seem to delay as much as rout and retreat, sometimes in weird directions or just go to the last point and defend.Just looking for confirmation of its not working right or i'm just screwing up the orders somehow.

*budd*

Am i wrong in remembering that in CO1 you could set different loss levels and rate of fire per delay point? I seem to remember setting the last delay point to a higher loss and rate of fire setting. i'll try and get you a good save, thanks.

*budd*

Here's 3 saves. One is right after my delay orders before i start the game[#1] the second is when the engineer unit up north starts to retreat. The last save is just the last auto save. All i've given is 3 delay orders to the forward units. The units in Beffe always go to the last delay point and one time they tried to go back to their starting point, there whole movement plotting is weird. You can also close the boxes and see that no messages show on screen, open the orders box and there back. you also can't click on the on screen messages to be taken to that unit, in the message box you can and as i recall you could in CO1. One thing i missed because i wasn't getting the messages was that all the units with delay orders pop a message that the under recommended strength for their task.

Attachments

• copy saves.zip
    250.5 KB · Views: 0

Daz

I have never been able to get the delay order to work Budd, and like you I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong, or its just not working right.
Im instincts tell me there is at least one bug associated with it maybe more.
One of the worst things that's probably not a bug, but makes the order not very useful, is the way the units move into Road Column formation when they move back, picking up LOS from everything around them, and taking excessive casualties because of it.

Its good that Dave has said he will take a look at it, because I never use it, due to the problems.

*budd*

I used it a fair bit in CO1 and it worked well, actually that might have been the original HTTR, not sure now which game it was :)....maybe i was thinking of the original HTTR regarding setting different loss levels and rates of fire per delay point and it working real well.the game has defiantly changed since then. I hope it gets sorted out as i really like the delay feature in certain circumstances. Run my saves and tell me what you think. I hear about road column, it still happens.