Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Game crashes when start pressed on Steam

xetrix

Just bought the game but when I select a scenario and click Start. The game map with the units briefly appears and then the game crashes and I am returned to the Steam launcher.

Discussion on steam with 3 users reporting this.

xetrix

Now 5 users reporting exactly the same on steam, I am disappointed that there has been no response, sadly it looks like I will have no option but to ask for a refund on Steam as I only have until Thursday to do so.

mage4hire

I am the original poster and reporter of this issue on the Steam discussion forums. A total of five people on the Steam discussion thread are reporting this issue including myself at the time I am posting this.

I also opened a support ticket with my Lock n Load account but the ticket was closed(!) after one week with no explanation and I was told to come to this forum.

Below is what I put in the now closed LnL ticket:

The game started crashing for me on both my Mac and PC computers two days ago (late June 2020).

I can select a scenario and click Start. The game map with the units briefly appears and then the game crashes and I am returned to the Steam launcher.

This is happening on both my Windows 10 PC and macOS Macbook Pro. Reinstalling the game or running in windowed mode do not fix the problem.

The only possible clue I have found is that I see this missing file message on both my Mac and PC in the app logs (mac version pasted below), which is strange since I have never modified the contents of the game folder since it was installed a long time ago:

Could not find file "/Users/<redacted>/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Tank On Tank Digital - West Front/LinkedUnits.txt".​

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hello,

I just installed the game and it is working on both my Mac and Windows machine. It does not work on the new Mac Os. Try changing the directory, I know this sounds crazy but I have found it to work more than once.

David

mage4hire

The reinstall into different folder trick did not work for me. I have replicated the issue on a third computer as well. Also the macOS version I am trying to run it on is Mojave, which still supports the older 32 bit apps. And of course as far as I know my Windows 10 gaming laptop should still support the current Tank on Tank digital version as well I assume.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Ok, I will into this with Steam into this. I had major surgery and finally recovered enough from that and the Covid-19 outbreak to be allowed back in the office. This may take me a little bit to track down with them.

David