Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

GPQ: Changes to Artillery (Player controled)

Wiggum

Hi !

I remember that in CO1 the player could mass his available artillery in a somewhat unrealistic way to crush enemy attacks or defense positions.
Now i know there was a lot changed in CO2 regarding the artillery.

Can someone explain what changes directly impact the way a human player can use his artillery ingame ?

Thanks !

Wiggum

Is there no penalty for lets say calling regimental level artillery on a enemy that only a single platoon with no radios has LOS on or something ?
I remember it was possible for the player in CO1 to mass artillery in a unrealistic way and call it on just about any target and location and i thought that was a bit changed in CO2

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
There is a probability reduction for assigning higher assets as you up the chain. This was modified down significantly n CO2. The effect is that there should be less ability for line units to call in massive arty barrages from every gun on the front.