Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

GPQ: How to add units to an existing battlegroup?

Bullman

If I have a battlegroup that already had say attack/move orders, is it possible to add units to that battlegroup without having the battlegroup abandon their current orders? This would be like ordering a unit to join a battlegroup in order to bolster the strength of it's current attack.

I believe that if the units I want to join the battlegroup are organic subordinates to the battlegroup commander unit, am I right in saying you simply press the Reattach button? But if they are not, what should/can you do?

Last edited:

*budd*

hold ctrl key and click on units you want or drag a box around the units you want to group. I believe adding units would cause a replan though to any current orders. Yes about hitting the reattach key.

Bullman

OK, so I have to memorise all the units that are in the battlegroup already and click on each one individually? Is there a way to perhaps click on the battlegroup commander so that it selects all subordinate battlegroup units, then just click on the unit/units you want to add to that battlegroup?

Website
springelkamp.nl
OK, so I have to memorise all the units that are in the battlegroup already and click on each one individually? Is there a way to perhaps click on the battlegroup commander so that it selects all subordinate battlegroup units, then just click on the unit/units you want to add to that battlegroup?

I think you can Ctrl-select them in the player-structure of the OOB panel, where they are grouped according to current order.

Or you select the commanding unit of the group, and then Shift-ArrowDown selects all subordinates.

kipanderson

Hi,

Yes to all of the above.

What I often do is select say a Panzer battalion by clicking on the HQ. Then hold down Ctrl and select/click on a company of infantry from another unit. Then give an order... say an Attack order while all of the previous are still selected.

The Panzer battalion HQ will then take control of the Infantry Company and use as appropriate. BTW.. if you then select Successive Lines.. in the Edit Task orders dialogue the infantry should be sent just ahead of the armour if fighting through close terrain.

But you probably know that ;). Mentioned it just in case.

Great game,

All the best,

Kip.