Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Graphics Update

Steve Overton

The Command Point Chit drawn is a Russian 1. So what does the Russian player do with this order?

The stack in hex H2 has a broken Leader and a broken Fire Team. Broken they both have a movement factor of 1. Which means they can't use a Movement Order to move into G1 or I1 because they both cost 2 movement points to move into. They could move into G2, H1, H3 or I2.

Using an Advance Order would allow them to move into any of the 6 adjacent hexes. The Advance Order has the additional advantage of not triggering an Opportunity Fire action, whereas if a Movement Order is issued that will allow Opportunity Fire because they are in LOS in any adjacent hex they may move into.

Or you may leave them where they are and issue an order to other Russian forces.

Good Hunting.

MR

Broken_2J.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Overton

Those that played the game at the WBC con will recognize this map and the objectives set on it. US player entered from the left Russian player entered from the right.

Both objectives changed ownership over the course of the different fights. Often more than once in the same fight.

Good Hunting.

MR

WBC Con Map.jpg

Steve Overton

Facing of vehicles.

It makes no sense to me that vehicles on a map are set for the front/rear of the vehicle counter are set to cover 2 of the 6 hexsides each and the sides of vehicle are only one hexside wide.

Vehicles are twice as long as they are wide. So, FTRE has vehicles that have 1 hex across the front/rear each and 2 hexes for the sides.
In other words, vehicles in FTRE are twice as long as they are wide. What a concept.

Good Hunting.

MR

Vehicle Facing.png

Steve Overton

Everybody's favorite person on the battlefield.

The Medic. In FTRE, if a unit is in the same location or can see a medic, have unobstructed LOS to him/her, they give a +1 morale boost. That morale boost is automatic and the only limiting factor for the boost is that the unit must be in LOS or the same location.

Good Hunting.

MR

Medics.png

Steve Overton

Helo fight. The Apache in location in E2 is about to do a pop-up and fire at the Mi-24D in location L6.

Good Hunting.

MR

Helo Fight.jpg

AH-64 copy.png

Mi-24D copy.png

Last edited:

Steve Overton

Line of Sight (LOS) is trickiest in hills.

LOS on the hill map.

A) I4 to I3. Slope hexes. Clear LOS. I4 to I2 continuous elevation changes from one hex to the next. Clear LOS.

B) I4 to H3 continuous elevation changes. LOS clear.

C) I4 to F3. Continuous elevation changes from one hex to the next. Clear LOS. E2 is behind a forest/building hex which creates a blind spot. E2 is not in LOS.

D) I4 to B1 same level with no blocking terrain. Clear LOS. D3 is a blind spot. F3 is one level below I4 but one level above D3 which creates the blind spot.

E) I4 to B2 same level with no blocking terrain. Clear LOS. D2 is a blind spot. D4 is one level below I4 but one level above D2 which creates the blind spot.

F) I4 to E5 same elevation with no blocking terrain. Clear LOS. Forest in E5 blocks LOS into D6. A higher elevation slope hex in C5 blocks LOS into B6.

G) I4 to F6 same elevation with no blocking terrain. Clear LOS. Forest in F6 blocks LOS into E6, D7 and C7. I4 is higher than H5 which creates a blind spot in hex G5.

H) I4 to I6 all hexes are at the same level with non blocking terrain. Clear LOS. I4 to I7 is blocked. Any hex below any two consecutive hexes at the same level is blocked.

I) I4 to J6 is a lower elevation to a slope hex with no blocking terrain. Clear LOS. J7, K6 and K7 are blocked because J6 is higher elevation than those further along the LOS.

J) I4 to J5 are continuous elevation changes from one hex to an adjacent hex. Clear LOS. I4 to K5 blocked. K5 is same level as J5 which is one level higher than I4. Higher elevation LOS is only clear into the first hex the LOS enters.

K) I4 to J4 are continuous elevation changes from one hex to an adjacent hex. I4 to K3, L3, M2 and N2 are below the two consecutive hexes (I4 and J4) at a higher level. LOS is blocked.

LOS B1j .jpg