Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Greetings All - I have returned

le loup

Hello Mark you old bugger. You must be nearly as old as me by now!
I too am just a player - but not as good as I used to be - nurse tells me: "it's the neurons dear, now finish your soup".
Anyway, delighted to make your acquaintance; whoever you are.
Ray Wolfe

MarkShot

Ray,

There is a song that goes, "I am not as good as I once was, but I am as good once as I ever was." :)

MarkShot

new.jpg

Howdy! Richard.

I just set up a new 32" FULL HD TV as a secondary display (actually I toggle between it and the 21" monitor). I can finally read the text of BFTB easily and I am looking forward to playing. Also, I now have the hardware to handle it.

WIN7 Pro(64), i7-5930K (stock at 3.5GHz), 32Gb RAM, 1TB SSD, and NVidia Titan X. When I have time, I will be OCing just a single core (which are HT). Only Deep Fritz Chess is able to fully utilize 12 logical cores; most of my game are single threaded or lightly multi-threaded like BFTB. So, by OCing a single core heat should be less of an issue. I am looking for about a 35-40% performance boost.

So, I have a lot of catching up to do! :)

Tbone3336

Hi Markshot and everyone else as well! I do remember you from way back in the day on Red Devils and I have been away from these great games as well due to being a mac user for so long, which I still am for most things but just recently bought another PC, like you an upper end PC specifically for games so I did not have to fiddle with Parallels to run windows.

Certainly talk for another topic, but I can still remember getting and playing Fire Brigade on my Mac Plus back in the 80's, what an absolute wonder game and I am so glad to be back to this type of game system found in Command Ops, jeez it just hit me that it is pushing 30 years since Fire Brigade yikes! Anyway, Hi again Markshot and everyone!