Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

half tracks going over walls?

Norm

I am with V5 rules. The German kfz 251 half track counter has a movement type of 'T' (for track)

the Movement penalty for going over a wall is prohibited to O (off-road) and R (road type vehicles) , but OK for tracked. So based on that, the German half track should be able to go over a wall (which sounds somewhat dubious!)

Section 15 (Vehicles) under movement says that Tracked are fully tracked and O are either half tracks or off road capable vehicles.

So, is there something special about the 251 half track giving it T status or is the counter (in the various modules) in error and should be showing an O type rather than a T type?

My halftrack is waiting patiently behind a wall for the answer :) Cheers Norm.

Echo419

I don't have the answer, but I think it would be best to check the rule clarifications and corrections file in the resource section of this site. It contains errata for all the Lock 'N Load Tactical modules and counters. Try to find your module/counter in the PDF. If you don't see a counter correction to O movement in there, than I would say the counter you have is correct and supersedes the rule book.

Norm

For information, Jeff Lewis has provided the following answer elsewhere.

SdKfz 251 is a T-class/type vehicle, thus is can go over the Wall. The letter on the counter is what matters