Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

HatRS : mixing squads of different quality...

Rydo

I'm playing a campaign in Heroes...Star.
I know after rules 1.0 that we can't divide a full squad into two halfs but two half squads can be mixed togeter to form a full one in the Rally phase.

I've never used that in red star, but since it may come in andy, help me figure this out:

Soviets
Full squad ---> Half squad
2-3-4-5/5 ---> 1-4-4-4/4
2-3-4-5/4 ---> 1-4-4-4/4

1-4-4-4/4 + 1-4-4-4/4 = ? ( both types of full squads are present in the same scenario and reduce to a 1-4-4-4/4 )

I would go for the lower one to represent overall lack of quality but a more specific answer? :bookworm:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
It is even worse, because 2-5-4-5/5 also reduce to 1-4-4-4/4 and there is at least one scenario (First Probe) using the threee roots squads. I would say that, if you can remenber which half-squad came from which root squads, then follow the RAW (rules as written). If not, your approach is a sensible one although it might becomes difficult to judge if a 2-5-4-5/5 is better than a 2-3 (extended range)-5/4. Offical ruling for when you can use the RAW? Let a die roll decide :) After all, a die roll often decide which kind of half-squad you get.