Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Helicopters & Firing

tasmanuk

Playing the first scenario of Red Star and I have the Mi24 at my disposal. I was about to take out some infantry in a building until I read the modules rules and realised that I don't have unlimited missiles (I have 4) so I have decided to save them for the tanks. That leaves my machine gun. However what range can I fire at? I can't see that listed anywhere. Also rule 19.2.8 para 3 says a helicopter has to fire all its weapons in the same impulse. That seems a bit strange. So basically I have to expend my missiles even if I just want to use my machine guns. And yes I accept the fact that using machine guns in a flying helicopter on infantry in a building is a bit pointless but just want to know if I can do it.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
First, you don't have 4 missiles, you have an ATGM depletion number of 4 (see 14.4.1) meaning that, most of the time, you'll have no more then 2 missiles. Second, you don't have to fire ALL your weapons in one turn (you could fire only the MG) but if you want to fire ALL of them in one turn, it has to be in the same impulse; you can't fire your MG in impulse 1 and your missile in impulse 3 of the same turn