Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

heroes and satchel charge

fulgar

Hello,
if a heroes (with a FP of 1) is moving with an assault move and then fires by throwing a satchel charge to an adjacent hex during the same impulse. How did you manage this situation ? There's no modifier for the satchel charge and there 's is a -2 modifier for the heroes's FP ? Are we applying a FP of 6+1 (-2 for DRM) or a FP of 6 without applying the -2 DRM ?
Is it clear what I write ?
Thanks.

fulgar

perhaps there's another possibility with only using the satchel charges and in this case we could have
D6+ 6FP (satchel charge only)
because no IFP are applied and we will respect the 1.6.3 rule that states "Satchel Charge attacks do not receive any other DFT attacking unit’s die- roll modifications" except leadership.
what do you think Stéphane ?
Anyway by using the IFP i'm agree with your answer
thanks anyway.
Fulgar

I have not got my rules in front of me but from memory a Hero can’t use their IFP when using a SW (still using v4.1 maybe 5 is different). I’ll check the SW section when I have them...

Cheers!

And don’t forget the Hero loses 2 MFs when toting a SW so it could only use 2MFs and then throw the charge if using AM.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Yes indeed (so many things to consider at once) but if you replace hero with AM-capable squad, the original question still stand (and my original answer is still valid :))

EDIT: And as Capt. Darling pointed out in a subsequent post, you have to add the adjacency modifier

Last edited:

fulgar

OK on the last rules version 5 page 17 says :"Heroes (11.2) firing a SW forfeit their IFP."
So they shall not use their IFP so my situation shall be resolved with
2MF then throwing the satchel with D6+6FP
thanks for the clarifications.

Hi fulgar spot on!

In the instance of a full squad with AM capability carrying out a satchel charge attack after moving I would calculate it as below;

Total Attack = D6 + IFP + 6 (satchel charge) - 2 (AM modifier) + 2 (adjacency modifier applied to the Squads IFP)

BTW fulgar love your avatar the FCM36 is the coolest looking early war French tank (not the best in action though ;)), I just got a 1/56 scale one in resin for miniatures gaming!

Cheers!

Last edited:

fulgar

thank you Captain Darling for the compliment on my avatar and thank you for the quality of your a answers
BTW what kind of miniature game are you playing?

With my WW II 1/56 figures/models I’m using either Chain of Command (CoC) or Troops, Weapons & Tactics (TW&T) for platoon level games. My 1940 French force is one my favourites!