Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Heroes in Defiance Vassal Module

Heroes in Defiance Vassal Module v2.4

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
David Heath submitted a new resource:

Heroes in Defiance Vassal Module - Heroes in Defiance Vassal Module v2.2

View attachment 6368
Here is LnLP Official Heroes in Defiance v2.2 Vassal Module. Attached are several screenshots from the Vassal module in play. These show off the new custom UI buttons on the toolbar, which use graphics directly from the LnLT games in some cases, and they are all bigger and flashier than the stock Vassal graphics.

Additional things to look for is our new counter look, now with rounded corners and light shading. The maps and counters are all larger hi-res...

Read more about this resource...

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
When using the right-click menu to inflict casualties on a French 2-3-4 Corps Franc squad, a shaken 1-4-12 cavalry squad appears, instead of a shaken 1-3-4 Corps Franc half-squad. Also, when reducing a German 1-6-4 squad, using the odd option in the right-click menu result in the placement of a 0-5-4 half squad, while using the even option result in the placement of a 1-5-4; it should be the reverse

Trent Garner

Hello Stéphane! Thanks for catching these. Both have been corrected and a new v2.4 module has been submitted for LnLPublishing and the Vassal website.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Not critical; when checking LOS, the map number indicated in the log window are not the actual ones

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
When wrecking a German SdKfz 251 with the right-click button, you get a barricade counter instead of a wreck marker

Last edited:

Trent Garner

Hi Stéphane,

Curious, when I checked my v2.4 release module I don't see this issue, the wreck counter for the SdKfz 251 appears correctly. There are one of two possibilities for this: 1) the wrong copy of the module was released, or 2) this was corrected in my copy of the module at some point and then forgotten about.

In any case, the current (corrected?) copy of the v2.4 module has been (re)uploaded to the Vassal website as of today. This copy will also be made available to LnLP for the resource section of this website.

(This is my very first post here)

Hi,

I downloaded the v2.2 module (if there is a 2.4 version, I didn't find it, sorry), and when I tried it out, I was very confused because I didn't find how to change the orientation of the very first vehicle I tried putting on map.

I tried with others, ALL others, and it looks like the Belgian T13B3 is the ONLY vehicle that suffers from this bug. I tried all other vehicles, and all Weapons Teams with an orientation, and they all seem to work in this regard.

Thanks for the link! It's strange though: I looked on the Vassal page and didn't find it.

Is it extra hard to correct a Vassal module? if it's just a matter of updating some characteristics of a single counter to match those of another, even I might be able to do it...

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
David Heath updated Heroes in Defiance Vassal Module with a new update entry:

Heroes in Defiance Vassal Module

View attachment 7853
Here is LnLP Official Heroes in Defiance v2.4 Vassal Module. Attached are several screenshots from the Vassal module in play. These show off the new custom UI buttons on the toolbar, which use graphics directly from the LnLT games in some cases, and they are all bigger and flashier than the stock Vassal graphics.

Additional things to look for is our new counter look, now with rounded corners and light shading. The maps and counters are all larger hi-res...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Trent Garner

Yes it is, good catch, sir! Upon further review, it looks like this counter was never created from the counter sheet, as I do not find it in my original development files, either. No worries, I'll just need to make the counter before I can update the module. I'll try to squeeze this in over the weekend, if I have time.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Thanks Trent and while you're at it, don't forget to correct the Belgian T13B3, for which you can't change the orientation :)

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The Dutch 47 mm ATG WT cannot rotate and does not have the left-click acquiring and shaking options

Last edited:

Trent Garner

OK, these three issues have been fixed and version 2.5 is ready for release. For the tank and gun, it was a prototype issue that affected several things, such as Acquire, Rotate, placing crew, wreck and abandoned counters, maybe a couple of others. The Crater +2 marker is also available now as a separate counter.

The module has been uploaded to Vassal website moderators for approval, look for it there in the next day or so. I have also provided a copy for updating the local resource page here on LnLP. Enjoy!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Thank you Trent for all your work on these VASSAL modules. I've lost count of how many games I've played because of them!