Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Heroes of the Motherland Vassal Modules

Heroes of the Motherland Vassal Modules v2.3

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The Stug IIIG in this module does not have the Button up right-clik menu option (it is present in the HON module)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
You're welcome, it's encouraging to receive all the great feedback!

Trent, you have no idea how many hours of joy you gave me with your VASSAL modules. Sometimes, it is the only gaming time I can afford for months,; the PBEM is great to play one impulse or two a day, leaving you with the necessary hours for big workload and family matters

Trent Garner

Good eye, sir! I have corrected this in the development module for the next release. I hope to have time to update the LnLT Vassal modules during the upcoming holiday break. I appreciate all your feedback, Stéphane.

Apologies for the break in updates this year, I appreciate everyone's patience..

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Using the right-click menu or the keyboard shortcut to get a shaken half-squad from a unshaken 1-6-4-5 German squad will get you a 0-5-4 with the ODD option (CTRL W) and a 1-5-4 with the EVEN option (CTRL Q) while the Module rules and scenario booklet tells you it should be te reverse (under 13.3.3)

I had already signaled this for HON too. BTW Trent, have you seen my post there?
https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/heroes-of-normandy-vassal-module.4519/#post-26965

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The text that appears in the log box when you check LOS refers to odd maps numbers (such as map 17 instead of maps 44, or 45 or 47)

rfdoane98

For those who may be unaware, the current LnLP Vassal project is a labor of love by a single volunteer (me). I enjoy playing the LnLP games and wanted to have Vassal modules to play those games, for many of the same reasons everyone else does. The modules are developed in my spare time using mad Vassal skillz. :) I'm happy to support LnLP and the community at large with these modules. In return, David and LnLP fully support the project with their artwork and creative direction, for which I am quite grateful. Without that support, I couldn't do what I do.

In addition, the LnLP community at large has also been very supportive of the project in various and sundry ways. I can't begin to tell everyone how much I appreciate that, thank you one and all.

Having said that, as the developer of the current generation LnLP Vassal modules, I accept full responsibility for them. My goal is to get the modules as close to the board games they represent as possible. However, please take into consideration that this is a rather large project. A lot of time and effort goes into creating just one module, much less a dozen or more, and Vassal can be a fickle mistress at times, to put it politely.

Regardless, my apologies for any and all mistakes. With your patience and my perseverance, we will reach the goal, friends! :woot:

Trent, I would be happy to lend a hand with building and maintaining the VASSAL modules if you're open to having an assistant. I've made quite a few of them and know how time consuming it can be. Consider it an open offer.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Using the right click menu to inflict casualties on a unshaken Pioneer 2-3-4-6 squad only shakes it, without replacing it by a shaken 1-3-4-6 Pioneer half-squad.

Using the right click menu to inflict casualties on a shaken Pioneer 2-3-4-6 squad has no effect at all

Trent Garner

Got it, I will update the module before posting to the Vassal website. Also copied the updated module for David and LnLP.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The Sig33 included in this VASSAL module is the one that came in Heroes in Defiance. It does not reflect the actual Sig33 that is in Heroes of the Motherland (and which is akin to the one that was in Not One Step Back). Not only is the picture different but almost all stats too.

Trent Garner

That's interesting, just not sure how it happened. The digital counter sheet agrees with you, but the artwork I have does not (obviously). I'll get this corrected as soon as possible.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The to-hit table of the T-34/85 is the same than the one for the T-34. It should differ

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
None of the non-turreted non-open top Russian vehicles have the button up option in their right click menu

Trent Garner

The T-34/85 has been corrected with the proper To-Hit table. Thanks again for all your help, Stéphane!

Regarding Open and Buttoned status, according to rule 15.0.1 (pg86) in the Core Rulebook v5.0:

Vehicles can be either open or buttoned. This status is shown with the Open and Buttoned Turret markers. By default, vehicles are considered open; this status need not be shown with an Open marker.

With that rule in mind, non-turreted vehicles have not been given the option to be Open or Buttoned, and there are no official markers to indicate this status for non-turreted vehicles. Perhaps this is not the correct interpretation? Maybe we can get some clarification on that from LnLP? Otherwise, I will leave the Vassal modules as they are.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
A non-turreted vehicle can certainly be Open or Buttoned but you are right, in most modules, there is no "official" way to show this. I usually use any turret marker. There are Buttoned markers though in Day of Heroes and Heroes of the Nam.

In VASSAL, there is a Buttoned marker, so it's no big deal. I was just signaling that none of the non-turreted non-open top Russian vehicles have the button up option in their right click menu, while the German StugIIIG, also a non-turreted non-open top vehicle, has such an option.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The to-hit table of the Waffen SS StugIIIG is inverted with the one of the Waffen SS PzIII J. The to-hit table of the Waffen SS PzF30 and the Waffen SS RPzB54 are inverted too. The corresponding Wermacht counters are just fine

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
David Heath updated Heroes of the Motherland Vassal Modules with a new update entry:

Heroes of the Motherland Vassal Modules

Here is LnLP Official Heroes of the Motherland v2.3 Vassal Module. Attached are several screenshots from the Vassal module in play. These show off the new custom UI buttons on the toolbar, which use graphics directly from the LnLT games in some cases, and they are all bigger and flashier than the stock Vassal graphics.

Additional things to look for is our new counter look, now with rounded corners and light shading. The maps and counters are all larger hi-res digital images designed...

Read the rest of this update entry...