Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Heroes of the Pacific Digital Edition

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Francesco,

We will but it takes a while to build the engine and then we have something to discuss. So we do not want these big discussions for things not even ready yet. Remember I was the owner and founder of Matrix Games for over 12 years. I know how to get this done.

David

DAVE_BALDINI

LnL Publishing is happy to announce that we will be directly developing and publishing our computer titles in-house, and the franchise continues with Lock 'n Load: Heroes of the Pacific, designed by Mark H. Walker and programmed by Tom Proudfoot. The first platform will be Windows, and we have plans to expand to the Mac and iPad platforms as well.

Our new system adds a battle builder and auto map maker, expanding the gameplay and options for players. All modules will be compatible with the new core game system, allowing you to play on maps from different eras, so you can try out interesting scenarios, such as having the VC from Forgotten Heroes fighting the Soviets from Dark July modules. We will also include options so you can turn off/on options that make it play more in a board game style or in a computer game style.

We have uploaded some screenshots for you to review in our media section found here on our forums.

wow!

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Dave,

Yes this is true but we have changed some of the directions and projects. This will be done but we wanted a much more modern engine for the game system to be on. So as I said its being done but it will be a while still.

David

Punisher

I will set my sights on playing "Al Things Zombie' & Tank On Tank on PC as those look to be 1st out of the LNL gates.

Francesco

Hi Francesco,

We will but it takes a while to build the engine and then we have something to discuss. So we do not want these big discussions for things not even ready yet. Remember I was the owner and founder of Matrix Games for over 12 years. I know how to get this done.

David

OK,but i hope to not wait others 5 years.I remember how many years i waited the exit of HoS and how many time i asked information by mail.The game,in my opinion,is beautiful and can have many opportunity for modding,this is why i'm so intrested.

AP514

too bad there is no support for Hero's of Stalingrad..the game has a few bugs and no one to work on fixing it....(like in the Rally phase the second unit you click on to rally always uses For the Motherland modifier no matter what...) IMO you should be supporting that Game....
And if I recall it took YEARS for the game to be released....are we talking 1-2 years or more for this next version ??

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi AP514,

We can't fix any bugs in that game and any bugs currently reported are not going to be addressed by us and my guess is by anyone else. This is the reason for the new engine and God willing it will not take anywhere near what it took to produce the first game. This is really beyond our control and should never happen again. I really can't go into anymore detail than that.

David

I love Heroes of Stalingrad, but it takes a bit of getting used to.

If LNL does to LNL Tactical what it did to Command Ops, like the latter I'd literally buy every single release. I'm still pretty bummed I didn't get Band of Heroes before it went out of print—I didn't even know that was a 'thing' with electronic downloads.

I'm also very eagerly awaiting the digitised World at War. When (hopefully not if, fingers crossed) these titles come out it's likely that LNL will be my tactical publisher of choice.

I like Battlefront and I have all their Combat Mission games, but their interface is just too much work to play the game. Combat Mission is a sometimes food. Plus there's really no other squad–level tactical wargames on the PC, other than the old LNL Tactical series. (Before anyone mentions Graviteam Tactics, that game is even more work to play than Combat Mission!) I yearn for the simple interface and playability of Heroes of Stalingrad.

AP514

I totally agree..no news is a bad thing.........Going to move on....me and my MONEY

I totally agree..no news is a bad thing.........Going to move on....me and my MONEY

Yes, agreed, let's take our MONEY to MATRIXGAMES/SLITHERINE GROUP, they have a TON of games for SALE and always keep us posted and updated even if they can't tell us anything at all. Best customer service group around.

Oh, and Combat MIssion suxors. The AI is pitiful in that game and does the same things all the time. It's the worst assault AI i've ever played against. 2 to 1 odds and it storms across open fields like the Zulu. lol

kylania

Plus there's really no other squad–level tactical wargames on the PC, other than the old LNL Tactical series. (Before anyone mentions Graviteam Tactics, that game is even more work to play than Combat Mission!) I yearn for the simple interface and playability of Heroes of Stalingrad.

There's the Squad Battles series of games from John Tiller which are pretty great. The latest one is Red Victory.

http://johntillersoftware.com/SquadBattles/RedVictory.html

There is a demo of Squad Battles: Grenada available as well to give you a feel for the series.

http://johntillersoftware.com/Demos.php

The UI is far better than the previously discussed Tigers on the Hunt game but TotH does nicely capture the feel of Advanced Squad Leader (and thereby also LnL Tactical I imagine) if you can get past the atrocious controls.

AP514

Yes, agreed, let's take our MONEY to MATRIXGAMES/SLITHERINE GROUP, they have a TON of games for SALE and always keep us posted and updated even if they can't tell us anything at all. Best customer service group around.

Oh, and Combat MIssion suxors. The AI is pitiful in that game and does the same things all the time. It's the worst assault AI i've ever played against. 2 to 1 odds and it storms across open fields like the Zulu. lol

Well, the Smart AZZ comment still did not get me to buy any games here...Oh wait there are no games for sale yet..and yes I spent my money already...maybe next year I will be back to check on Progress

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys,

I am the founder and was the owner of Matrix Games for over 12 years and I helped make that company what it is today. The progress is slow on the new edition of this game. Sometimes we can not post all that is going on for reasons we can not post. We are not trying to be rude or ignore anyone.

My personal policy is not to display a game until I have proof that game is going in the direction I want. So the game is coming and will post it when we are ready. It will be a bit longer still.

David

Rodger Samuel

Thanks, David. Been so long, I feared that the game had been dropped. I'm happy to hear that it's still in progress, and I'm eagerly looking forward to its release.