Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Heroes of the Pacific Living Rules Edition v1.0 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
David Heath submitted a new resource:

Heroes of the Pacific Living Rules Edition v1.0 - Heroes of the Pacific Living Rules Edition v1.0

When all was said and done we were not happy with the Heroes of the Pacific manual so we trashed the lot and went back and redid it. Jeff Lewis went and really put a lot of time into improving the manual. If you find anything wrong or not clear please make a post in our Lock 'n Load forum sections.

You can download the full Living Manual now from our resource area.

View attachment 528

Read more about this resource...

Stefano G.

Hi David,
i just read Living Rules and i have a question about Banzai attack (i image Jeff can reply me): can be declared more than one Banzai attack during a single impulse?...i.e. if a Leader starts a Banzai attack, can another adjacent leader be activated to launch his own Banzai attack ("chain of adjacent Leaders banzai attacks") ?

Last edited:

Jeff Lewis

Hi Stefano,

No.

Here's the relevant rules text from 13.1.3 on page 34:

All eligible units in the Leader’s Location and adjacent Locations are marked with a Banzai marker—and all eligible units must participate.

When the Leader who orders the Banzai, all eligible units in adjacent Locations by default must participate, and thus follow all further rules for Banzai. They do not get to have their own impulse; they have become part of the Banzai-ordering Leader's impulse.

-Jeff

darcone

True confession: I have never watched The Natural. Beyond that reference, I have to say that this edition of the rules is easy to follow (for someone familiar with the rules-set). Numerous examples, quality graphics, uncluttered layout and a TABLE OF CONTENTS! Truly we need this on our tables sooner rather than later.

Pete Maidhof

Just an observation, 15.0 Vehicles states that the counter is an M4A2 who's values are described but the counter art depicts an M5 Stuart.

Stefano G.

I would take advantage of Jeff's kind availability, to place some questions about Airtrstrike rules i am used to play with but never sure i correctly interpreted them:

1) have AA guns to add "+2" modifier against Airplanes in its ToHit 2D6 roll? (i suppose yes, for it's true for flying choppers)
2) does adjacency add "-2" to AA ToHit 2D6 roll and "+2" to Aistrike Cannon FP?
3) Are Hindering or Blocking hexes to be considered for LOF?
4)
and just to summarize AA vs. Air-support combat:
penetration value + 1D6 < armour value + 1D6 ==> Moral Check, modified by difference Def-Atk roll (if fails, Airsupport is SHAKEN)
penetration value + 1D6 = armour value + 1D6 ==> Airsupport is SHAKEN
penetration value + 1D6 > armour value + 1D6 ==> Airsupport is destroyed

is it correct?

Thank a lot for your assistance :)

Last edited:

Barthheart

Staff member
Just starting to read this version of the rules. I like the fact of a pdf version for sure but would it be possible to have the index hotlink to the section in the rule book? Makes it easier when reading and referencing on a tablet.

On page 6, the first partial sentence at the top of the 2nd column is a repeat of the last sentence at the bottom of the 1st column.
------
on page 6, 1st paragraph of section 1.5 Morale - the last sentence is " There are two Morale levels in LnL: Good Order (GO) and Shaken."
Would not a better term be "Morale states"? Level seems to me to indicate changing values rather than changing status...
-------
On page 7, the first sentence is "If the result is greater than the unit’s Morale rating, it fails the check."
Why not complete the thought and add " and is flipped to it's shaken side." ?

Are you looking for this type of feedback? If so I'll continue to collect notes as I read through the rules.

Barthheart

Staff member
Page 7, 1.6.1.1 Tripod Machine Guns - Can these be assembled by a GO unit during a Rally Phase when enemy units are in the same location?

Jeff Lewis

Thanks, Vance.

These are "Living" rules so they will be an ever-changing rules set. We did a major overhaul to the rules and addressed a lot FAQ/errata, but as always, new stuff always crops up.

E-mailing me at jeffl@lnlpublishing.com would be the best method to point out a flaw like repeated text.

An interpretation question or need for clarification should be posted here.

Jeff Lewis

Of the Tripod MG ?, Vance, the intuitive, and definitive, answer is no. I've honestly never had this situation arise, as it's rare that a Squad with one of these MGs would, for all intents and purposes, not have it assembled beforehand, unless they were moving and were "jumped" and somehow managed to survive the first round of Melee. Thus it never occurred to me to add text IRT it. But I certainly can.

I've contacted "Layout" about your other points.

Jeff Lewis

I would take advantage of Jeff's kind availability, to place some questions about Airtrstrike rules i am used to play with but never sure i correctly interpreted them:

1) have AA guns to add "+2" modifier against Airplanes in its ToHit 2D6 roll? (i suppose yes, for it's true for flying choppers)
2) does adjacency add "-2" to AA ToHit 2D6 roll and "+2" to Aistrike Cannon FP?
3) Are Hindering or Blocking hexes to be considered for LOF?
4)
and just to summarize AA vs. Air-support combat:
penetration value + 1D6 < armour value + 1D6 ==> Moral Check, modified by difference Def-Atk roll (if fails, Airsupport is SHAKEN)
penetration value + 1D6 = armour value + 1D6 ==> Airsupport is SHAKEN
penetration value + 1D6 > armour value + 1D6 ==> Airsupport is destroyed

1) Yes. [Needs to be added to OFT]
2) No. There's no adjacency for fixed-wing aircraft even though they are technically in the same hex or adjacent as they are higher and moving fast, unlike helicopters that are considered directly above the highest level of terrain in the hex.
3) I assume you mean LOS, and for the AA fire. We're dealing with obstacle height here. You're blocked if you're within the one-hex shadow of an obstacle, i.e., the obstacle is b/tw your AA gun and the aircraft. Hard to do a map example here but if your AA gun is in 33M6 (clear): the Heavy Jungle in 33L6 (Level-2 Height) casts a one-hex shadow, thus an aircraft in 33K5 (Light Jungle) could not be seen by the AA gun until it entered L5 or L6. Aircraft fire at the units in the hex they are in (above) so it's not a concern for them. Tip: don't put your AA assets in hexes that are blocked by adjacent terrain.
4) Yes. Correct.

Pete Maidhof

On Page 34, in the right-hand column it states "Immovable SW's (those with a dismantled side) are abandoned."

Should "with a dismantled side" with replaced with "without a dismantled side"?

Jeff Lewis

On Page 34, in the right-hand column it states "Immovable SW's (those with a dismantled side) are abandoned."

Should "with a dismantled side" with replaced with "without a dismantled side"?

It's correct as is. If you have a tripod MG (with a dismantled side) and it's set up (ready to fire) it's immovable. (For context, this is in the Banzai attack rules.) You can't take that with you on a Banzai attack. If it was dismantled you could take but it would not affect your FP. Thus if it is set up, you have to abandon it to make the charge.

Pete Maidhof

My bad, sorry for any confusion. I see now that larger ground-mounted weapons such as depicted as WT's "in eligible locations" would be replaced with 1-3-4-6 Half-Squads and take part in the charge as "grunts".

Jeff Lewis

On page 7, the first sentence is "If the result is greater than the unit’s Morale rating, it fails the check."
Why not complete the thought and add " and is flipped to it's shaken side." ?
Hi Vance,
In reviewing this again, in this case the unit is already on its Shaken side and is attempting to rally.

-Jeff

Just to be sure regarding a change about SWs.

For MMCs: "MMCs can fire a captured SW, but the first attack with a captured SW that fails to cause a Damage Check on the DFT or score a hit, if using the OFT, removes the Support Weapon at the conclusion of the attack"
For SMCs: "Eligible SMCs can fire a SW, but the first attack with a SW, captured or friendly, that fails to cause a Damage Check on the DFT or score a hit, if using the OFT, removes the Support Weapon at the conclusion of the attack"

Other thing. Now that we have the new term "Location", I think that 1.6.1 "SWs can be abandoned by GO or Shaken units that move out of a hex for any reason; leave an abandoned SW in the hex", should be "SWs can be abandoned by GO or Shaken units that move out of a Location for any reason; leave an abandoned SW in the Location".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.