Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Heroes of the Pacific Living Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lewis

Guys (Ruben, Carlos), I love you (I really do, honestly), but I'm telling you how it's supposed to be. The text in Example G from that piece in LoF6 is wrong--my mistake. Yes, I make mistakes. I've made them in the past and I will make them in the future. When I tell you v4.1 is the new standard and you show me something that's wrong from the past, I'm not sure what you want me to say. It makes no sense for degrading terrain to block LOS or cast a blocking shadow. I've put a ton of time into the v4.1 Rules, updating it with past errata, FAQ, weeding out unnecessary text, making things like rounding up be the only way to round, and, yes, fixing errors, like this one.

And the v4.1 that was posted a while ago is not the official v4.1; it was just a draft put up to show what the new style looks like.

Qwirz

Hi Jeff,
The matter here is that not all of us (I think) have read version 4.0 or 4.1 yet. So, many questions still concern the old 3.1.
This is a sort of "transition period".
Consider also that HoP is actually the only LnL game that has been playtested specifically on 4.0.
Personally I'd like to play the old games of the serie at least once with 3.1 and then pass to 4.1 for the whole system (considering the number of scenarios it will need a bit of time :) ), while I can't wait to play HoP with the new rules!!!
Ruben

By the way, is 32G2 Elevation 2 as it is indicated in the example of page 26? We have a controversy regarding this in the Spanish forum of LnL.

Jeff Lewis

By the way, is 32G2 Elevation 2 as it is indicated in the example of page 26? We have a controversy regarding this in the Spanish forum of LnL.
It's Level 1.

Again, as I've said, the text example can't occur anywhere on the HotP maps. It just can't. But in an expansion or battle pack, we may include a map in which it does occur. Like I said, this is a core rule example, and thus we tried our best to put in an approximation. In retrospect we should have added a note about it in the rules text. Sorry for the confusion.

Is this another change?

v4.0 - 10.1: "One is added to the Leader’s die roll for every hex of degrading terrain its LOS passes through en route to the target unit’s hex"

v3.1 - 10.1: "One is added to the spotters die roll for every hex of degrading terrain its LOS passes through en route to the target unit's hex"

Here is an interesting old thread regarding shadow where Mark Walker says something: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/13763497#13763497

Jeff Lewis

It should be spotter's in v4.0. Leader/spotter, ultimately it's immaterial in this case, but I will change it back to spotter for v4.1. . . . Hey, I just checked and I already had changed it to "unit".

As for the shadow, I'm going with consistency and simplicity for v4.1. Blocking is always blocking, degrading is always degrading. Fractions are always rounding up now, is another example.

As always, you can house rule out whatever you don't care for.

Last edited:
Some comments and doubts:

3.0 What does “Eligible Shaken units locked in Melee can attempt to rally” mean? Which are those units? Units with SR and all SMCs? Answer: yes.

18.1The hex under an onboard Mortar FFE marker is considered degrading terrain for LOS purposes (apply DFT and OFT modifiers)”. Only for LOS? When it is said “apply DFT and OFT modifiers” it seems that it is not only for LOS but also for attacks. Answer: the attacks must consider the LOS; the FFE is degrading for LOS purposes, so FFE is degrading for attack purposes.

13.1.3 This is not stated. Should the units under Banzai must move to the nearest enemy spotted hex with units? Or should they just move to a reachable enemy spotted hex with units? Answer: to a reachable. If there are not reachable, to the nearest one.

13.2.4 What does “Crews don’t abandon LVT4s in Ocean hexes" mean? Does that mean “Crew and Passengers of Abandoned or Destroyed LVT4 on an Ocean hexes are Eliminated”? Answer: yes. The Aid Sheet indicates this.

21.5.2 I think that the In Tunnel marker disappears in the Admin Phase. Am I right?

21.5.3 Units in a Tunnel after the cave collapsing are put under In Tunnel and Moved. Am I right?

Last edited:

Qwirz

3.0 all units which could rally if not in melee. Also shaken units with leader or hero present.

18.1 I think for LOS purposes means NOT for spotting purposes.

I haven't played HotP yet, so just these two!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.