Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Heroes of the Pacific New Die & Counter Sheet Review

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi

We were asked if we had some pictures of how the new counter sheet design looked. These are test run counter sheet. As you can see the counters are not perfect but it does show the new rounded counters and the new counter layout looks. We are using a thicker chipboard. The caused a problem with the die cut machines we could use in the office not being able to cut through the counter sheet. The Lock n Load Designers have really enjoy the extra unit types.

So let us know what you think.

Thanks David

Attachments

• HOTP Counter1.jpg
    HOTP Counter1.jpg
    799.1 KB · Views: 48
  • HOTP Counter2.jpg
    HOTP Counter2.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 42
Hi David,

Put me down as a vote for rounded corners!

Looks good and saves on trimming.

Cheers!

Barthheart

Staff member
I gotta say as someone who does not mutilate my counters by cutting the corners off, the round corners do nothing for me. I'd rather have the nibs in the corners than on any flat edge. I do like the extra space to keep the counters from bleeding onto teach other.

Jim Zabek

TBH I never thought much about counter corners until I bumped into some friends who obsessively clipped corners.

For many gamers rounded or square edges don't matter. To a few it is unthinkable not to have smooth, even counter edges. So my vote is for the rounded corners as you're not likely to offend those who don't care.

Now, whether your counter edges are aligned to the perfect standards of those who like to cut them...that I can't help you with :D