Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Heroes of the Pacific - Tabletop Simulator Issues

Leland Davis

Hi, I just got Heroes of the Pacific and am hoping to try it out with my regular opponent online via Tabletop Simulator. I'm a big fan of Tabletop Simulator, having used it regularly for Memoir '44, and was really happy to see a mod available in the Steam workshop for Heroes of the Pacific already in place, and officially authorized as well!

However, as I tried to set up my first scenario, i noticed a couple issues. First off, one of the maps has a "image not found" message instead of a map. Second, the Japanese forces are missing some pretty basic counters. Unless my eyes have completely deceived me, the 1-4-4-4 counter is only single-sided, and thus the set is missing the 1-3-4-5 half-squad counter. Also, the 1-2-4-6 remnants counter is missing entirely.

If anybody feels like fixing this "officially" I'd be pretty happy. If not, just say so, and I'll dig into the Vassal original and see if I can cludge a fix together for myself. I've done a bit of fiddling around with Tabletop Sim mods before, to upload my custom Memoir '44 deck and to goof around with Netrunner a bit, but I'm no expert at this stuff.

I've also started thinking of how I could use my Memoir tilesets to create custom maps for the game, but I figure I'll hold off until I actually understand it first.

Thanks!

Leland

Leland Davis

Well, the Heroes of the Pacific module was taken down shortly after this post was written, and nothing new has been posted. Is someone working on fixing this, or was it just taken down for quality reasons with no replacement planned?

I suppose I might step up to the plate and port it over - most of the images necessary are available via the Vassal module, I think. Any comments, suggestions, or objections?

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
We did not make this module and we are not officially working on it. We are hoping the person who did it is correcting the issue. The was very helpful I would expect he is working on it.

David

Gabor Venczel

Hi, I just got Heroes of the Pacific and am hoping to try it out with my regular opponent online via Tabletop Simulator. I'm a big fan of Tabletop Simulator, having used it regularly for Memoir '44, and was really happy to see a mod available in the Steam workshop for Heroes of the Pacific already in place, and officially authorized as well!

However, as I tried to set up my first scenario, i noticed a couple issues. First off, one of the maps has a "image not found" message instead of a map. Second, the Japanese forces are missing some pretty basic counters. Unless my eyes have completely deceived me, the 1-4-4-4 counter is only single-sided, and thus the set is missing the 1-3-4-5 half-squad counter. Also, the 1-2-4-6 remnants counter is missing entirely.

If anybody feels like fixing this "officially" I'd be pretty happy. If not, just say so, and I'll dig into the Vassal original and see if I can cludge a fix together for myself. I've done a bit of fiddling around with Tabletop Sim mods before, to upload my custom Memoir '44 deck and to goof around with Netrunner a bit, but I'm no expert at this stuff.

I've also started thinking of how I could use my Memoir tilesets to create custom maps for the game, but I figure I'll hold off until I actually understand it first.

Thanks!

Leland
Hello Leland!
I was the person who made the TTS mod, so please contact me on Steam and we can work out something. My Steam username: fairlight_hun

Regards:
Gabor