Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Heroes of the Pacific...Using Solo expansion..

Tom Manning

if anyone has played this game, using Solo rules,how do you handle a Banzai charge...? I see nothing on the flow charts referencing this..or have I messed something? Again?

Tom Manning

Tony,
That was not my question....I was referencing a Banzai charge,which I could find no reference to that specific question as found in the accompanying flow charts.....but thanks for the reply..

PeterA

Tony,
That was not my question....I was referencing a Banzai charge,which I could find no reference to that specific question as found in the accompanying flow charts.....but thanks for the reply..
Good question. I just completed a solo session of a scenario I made with the Battle Generator playing as the Japanese and am going to flip to the American side and replay it. Was wondering how the solo orders might incorporate the Banzai charge

Sean Druelinger

Staff member
if anyone has played this game, using Solo rules,how do you handle a Banzai charge...? I see nothing on the flow charts referencing this..or have I messed something? Again?

Hello
The solo system essentially is structured in two parts. There is the order card which selects your unit and what type of order(s) it will execute and then there is the flowchart which handles how to execute the order based upon the situation. Banzai charges are a pretty big decision to make and it is difficult to program when the best time for the AEO to execute one. We are working on a flow chart now to accommodate this tactic for the Japaneses and will make it available as a free download.

Currently this is situational and the decision will need to come from the player as to the timing.

BUT!!!!!!!! You can use it this way....As to which order triggers the Banzai is tricky . The majority of Enter Melee's are within a few hexes of the target. Since the Japanese can use 6 MPs to enter into a melee, triggering on a melee order should not be the only way.

Until we get the flowchart ready Banzai's should be triggered by a MOVE order if there are less than 1/2 of the number of turns available (8 turn game this would be on turn 5 or greater) and the Japanese have less firepower on the map then their opponent if defending and the opponent has satisfied the majority of the victory conditions.

If the Japanese are on offense and have more firepower under this same situation and have not achieved the victory conditions then a banzai should be triggered on a move order. Please take into consideration the criteria that needs to be met to conduct the banzai in the first place.

On a side note there are other situations like this that we will be addressing such as placing clay-more mines over on the modern side.
Please provide any feedback so as to help us improve this system.
Thank you
Sean Druelinger
LnL Publishing

Tom Manning

Sean...
Thanks for your input ..kinda felt that this situation was unique and needed special handling...plan on using your suggested tactics,and feel that with that and good, sound common sense,this would be an acceptable work around until the situation is resolved.

Sean Druelinger

Staff member
I will clarify further that the move order be within the secondary area of the orders card and not the primary. If you are in a situation where you are adjacent or within 2 hexes then use an Enter Melee order.
Thank you
Sean Druelinger