Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Hexside Terrain TM

Xzight

So I realized playing digital that a "hexside terrain TM" like from a wall only applies if the shot crosses the wall. My question is where is this clear in the rulebook? I have been searching a bunch of terms like "Terrain Modifier", "Hexside Terrain", "Target Modifier", etc but I haven't found that to be clear anywhere. I also looked at the TEC which doesn't explain it either.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Xzight, not sure I understand your question. Are you asking for a rule reference that would tell you that a wall does NOT offer protection to a squad when it is NOT between the attacker and the target? Beside the obvious, some of the module TEC do say that walls give a +1 TM against direct fire traced through Wall hexside. They also say that Hedge negates movement modifier against direct fire traced across Hedge hexside. Both are then followed by a sentence mentionning that they don't offer protection against indirect fire (which lobs shell over obstacles), implicating that there are some directional aspect involved.

More indirectly, in the LOS section of the rules AND the TEC, there are plenty of examples mentionning that hexside terrain will affect LOS only if said LOS cross the hexside terrain. It make sense that a wall does NOT affect LOS if it is NOT located between the firer and the target right? So it makes sense that the same goes for fire.

Now, if you are looking for the -2 rallying bonus hexside terrain can give you, it is on page 31: All units in terrain with a positive Target Modifi er (+TM), including those with hexside terrain like Walls (if any/all enemy fire would cross the Wall hexside), subtract two (–2) from their die-roll.

Xzight

That answer on page 31 is what I was searching hours for thank you!