Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Hive Mission H003 - Always against Chthonians?

William Gray

Hi,

I have just started my first campaign game of SIR and have a question regarding the chosen enemy for the duration of the campaign.

The first mission of the campaign (C001) drawn from Deck A turned out to be Hive mission 3 (H003). We had randomly chosen a different race as enemies for the campaign prior to drawing the mission card. But as the Chthonian Race sheet was printed on the H003 Mission Sheet, we assumed that we were to use them as the enemies in this hive mission instead of the original choice.

Once we finish this mission (1st attempt Aborted!) and move on to the next mission in the campaign, I assume we would revert to our original chosen enemy. I can't imagine the Chthonians would then be the enemy for the rest of the campaign, otherwise any campaign that included the H003 mission would end up being against the Chthonians.

I think we will treat this as a cameo appearance of the Chthonians in this campaign and revert once we fail H003 a second time.

Not sure, potentially the Chthonian card images printed on the H003 Mission Sheet are just to fill some white space?

Yes, I know we can do whatever we like, but wondering what was the designers intention!

Thanks