Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

HONA: Wire, Bunkers and OFBA

Tanker3740

Core Rules Manual 4.1.
I am playing the Bunker Busting scenario (Italians attacking British units) solo.. The British have wire hexes across the width of the map in front of their positions (sangars and bunkers).
Wire. As I read the wire paragraphs in the rules, infantry pays 4 MP to enter the hex, but the wire is not cleared when they leave the hex. Tracked vehicles moving thru wire hexes appear to be the only way that obstacle can be cleared. Does OFBA have a capability to destroy wire?

Bunkers. Can OFBA destroy bunkers?

Dave M

Tanker3740

I found my answers to the above questions. Although, I don't understand how an infantry unit can spend 4 mp on wire without clearing a lane through it for follow-on units.

Barthheart

Staff member
Please share your answers for others who might have the same questions.

I think that only tracked vehicles can clear a wire hex. Infantry moving cost is just the "time" it takes to untangle yourself from the wire, not actually cutting your way through.

Nothing, that I remember, in the game destroys bunkers.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
21.3.1 Wire Destruction
T-movement class vehicles that move through a Wire hex remove the Wire. Other vehicles do not. The Wire marker is removed when the vehicle exits the hex.

So nothing about OBA