Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

HotB Rule 6.6 Opportunity Movement (OM)

The below didn' really make clear what I wanted to say so here it is again more clearly..I've left the original in so you can see how much of a klutz I can be :happy:...

With HoNA coming out I wondered if we'll see MUs again? There were lots of motorcycles used early in the campaign...

Question 1
As from what I understand rules version 4.1 contain all rules and there are no longer module specific rules so is HotB Opportunity Movement (OM) 6.6 now defunct?

Question 2/Suggestion
If no to the above should 'red movement' units all be allowed to OM?
This would fit in making Heros more heroic, also early war where Germans have more of such units so they get the advantage and later in the war as the Allies gain more of these units and the German ones decline in number it shows their growing prominence on the battlefield...

Okay I've finally broken down and I have started to go through the online 4.1 Version of the WW II related rules...I see HotB Rule 6.6 Opportunity Movement (OM) has not been included in them. We use this rule in ALL our games...my question is anyone else using it in their games outside of HotB? Is it an oversight should this be in the 4.1 version of the rules? It's a good rule helping better quality units...
I know there is a Skill card with this included but that is different as it goes a step further letting non red movement units with the skilled leader/hero carry out this action as well...
Cheers!

Last edited:

Qwirz

Hi Cap!
IIRC that was a HotB module rule For Cavalry an motorcyclists.
I SUPPOSE it could be find In the new Heroes of Defiance.

Hey Quirz thanks my first post doesn't really say what I meant and do...reworded...currently we do use this in ALL our HotB games for MU units and with HoNA coming out I wondered if we'll see MUs ther again?

Question 1
As from what I understand rules version 4.1 contain everything and there are no longer module specific rules is HotB Opportunity Movement (OM) 6.6 now defunct?

Question 2/Suggestion
If no to the above should 'red movement' units all be allowed to OM?
This would fit in making Heros more heroic, also early war where Germans have more of such units they get an advantage and later in the war as the Allies gain such units and the German ones decline in number it shows their growing prominence...