Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

HQ or Leader Command Bonus. 10.6.2

Jimmy hansen

Does/ do a unitS have to be in the same hex w the Leader HQ to obtain the bonus. Rule seems to indicate they don’t have to be in same hex to qualify? Signed Confused in Southern California

Jeff Schulte

Does/ do a unitS have to be in the same hex w the Leader HQ to obtain the bonus. Rule seems to indicate they don’t have to be in same hex to qualify? Signed Confused in Southern California
Yes, the HQ bonus is only available to the unit it is attached to. Same for leaders.

Starman

To be precise deployed to.
HQs are deployed and Leaders are assigned.

The difference is that assigned units stay with a specific unit unless transferred to another unit in their hex during the Command step and HQs can deploy to any unit in the formation (with a suitable movement path).

If a HQ/Leader is deployed/assigned to a unit in a stack in which only that unit is eliminated and the leader rolls a 1 in its check or is at full strength (not reduced/wounded) , does it automatically deploy/assign to the remaining unit in the stack?

Last edited:

Gregory

And one more question, does the atgm attached to the unit with assigned hq receive command bonus and if yes do all attacks done by unit and atgm have this bonus ?

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hey sorry for the delay in response!

*** I have edited this as my design team reminded me that my original response was incorrect! Which is why I keep them around. Sorry for the double-back! ***

The HQ Command Bonus may only be applied EITHER to the Infantry, OR its Support Weapon, but not both

We will be adding to our clarifications document as the rules currently do not specify this and it should be so specified.

Last edited:

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hi, thanks for clarification :)

Hi Gregory, I edited the above response:

*** I have edited this as my design team reminded me that my original response was incorrect! Which is why I keep them around. Sorry for the double-back! ***

The HQ Command Bonus may only be applied EITHER to the Infantry, OR its Support Weapon, but not both

We will be adding to our clarifications document as the rules currently do not specify this and it should be so specified.