Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

I'm finding arty is less supportive then in CO1 Demo

wokelly

In the CO1 demo and generally when I set my arty to defend, they would fire in support of all units, especially in defense. In fact it was so good, beyond some targets I wanted to bombard, I let the AI handle the arty.

In CO2 I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the same level of support. The Arty doesnt fire in support when I set them to defend, and when I attached them to a high level HQ and set that HQ to defend, they BARELY fire in support, and even then I think its just stuff they had a LOS on.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I am just missing something with the new engine (which is different then the Demo I played). Anyone have any idea's?

wokelly

We have toned down the ability of arty not directly subordinate to the calling unit to respond

Okay, so is there a way I can subordinate an artillery unit to say an attacking battalion, and not have it get moved around by the AI? Because the AI HQs tend to drag all their attachments with them to whatever waypoint I ordered an attack at, but I'd like for my arty to stay in the rear and not get brought to a front line town.

I'm new to the game, but the only way I know to attach units is using the ctrl key and selecting the desired units/HQ and issuing an order. Maybe there is a better way to do this?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
wokelly,

Welcome. No at the moment you have three options, namely:
  1. subordinate the arty to say a Bn HQ and yes it will move it if need be
  2. leave it subordinated to a higher HQ
  3. order it directly yourself
At the moment we don't support the concept of "support" for arty. It's on the wish list.

john connor

Interesting, Dave - I hadn't realised you had made any significant code changes (UI aside) between CO1 and CO2. Is there anything else like this that we should know about? Any chance of a quick list of additions since the last CO1 patch?

Peter

And as for the arty, does it work that a company (with no mortars, say) will request it of Bn and Bn will respond, and if Bn has no assets suitable Bn will request of regiment etc?

Art Hall

And as for the arty, does it work that a company (with no mortars, say) will request it of Bn and Bn will respond, and if Bn has no assets suitable Bn will request of regiment etc?

Good question John, Im trying Maleme historical and the initial drop of 2 of your supporting mortar Co's usually gets them chewed up before you can rescue them or move them.

Art