Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Improved AI

When playing against the AI, it is sometimes too easy to win when the AI makes bad tactical actions, e.g.:

· Enter a hex marked with “Fire For Effect”, risking to be shaken or cause casualties.

· Leave a good defensive position which may be a victory hex and finish the move in a Clear hex, becoming an easy target. One reason seems to be when it is possible to melee a shaken unit.

· With many impulses left in a turn, fires at a shaken unit, alone in a hex with minor chance to be rallied later. Expend its impulse, become spotted and a risk to generate a hero.

There may be more cases where it should be not too difficult to fix an improved AI.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
I strongly encourage you (or anyone) who sees the AI do something particularly dumb to submit a bug report (with F3) right then and there. You don't have to type up a whole essay in the report, just something like "dumb AI move" is sufficient, because if it's really that obviously dumb I'll be able to see it should be doing something else. :)

The main thing is that these reports include a save that is right before the AI's turn, so when I load them up I can see exactly what is going on, and it really immensely helps. (There are a lot of moving parts.) Thanks!