Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Including the TEC and the original scenario cards in to the digital Library

Wiggum

Hi!

I think it would be great if you guys could include the TEC's for the different modules as well as the original scenario cards (see sample picture) into the digital library.
This would greatly enhance the "boardgame" touch and its just easier to have the scenario card/description open on a second monitor instead of going into the menu ingame, clicking briefing...scrolling...

Also while the digital game includes the Terrain information window, the TEC is a nice addition for the digital library and since skill cards are there i see no reason not to include the TEC's.

What do you guys think?

Unbenannt.PNG

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I suppose that, with the Core Rules and the Module Rules available for free on the net, and the VASSAL/TTS modules giving you all the maps and counters, again for free, this is one way to ensure that people will buy the Companion Books, into which a lot of time and money were invested, and which targeted the VASSAL/TTS audience, as well as the Boadgame crowd that wanted the latest version

Wiggum

I suppose that, with the Core Rules and the Module Rules available for free on the net, and the VASSAL/TTS modules giving you all the maps and counters, again for free, this is one way to ensure that people will buy the Companion Books, into which a lot of time and money were invested, and which targeted the VASSAL/TTS audience, as well as the Boadgame crowd that wanted the latest version

But i though you only get access to the stuff in the digital library you own (like modules for the digital version)?
So only people who bought the module will have access anyway.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I don't think so; it is a public website, the url of which was published in various forums

Wiggum

I guess the reason why i would like to have them is that some stuff, especially with the Event Paragraphes is still missing from the digital game. Sure you get a popup that tells you about the event but much information has been left out. For example the occupation event in "A Friend in Need" (and i guess this is true for many events) is missing information that could potentionally be important to players, information that is in the original scenario paragraphe. In this case it is that:
a) the player gets one Fire mission,
b) only the leader can call it
c) if the leader is dead a squad can be designated to call it in

Also in the same scenario there is another event were the text is cutting out most of the "original" text. This way the player does not know why he cant continue moving the squad that triggered the event...in the boardgame the paragraphe clearly says: "The American units that triggered Event A can move no farther; their impulse is over."

Again i think this is important information that should be also avaiable to the players of the digital version.

I guess it would be a good idea to include it into the game window that pops up at the event. I mean yeah stuff like "Place Lt. Van Du, 1 x 2-5-4, and 1 x RPD under an Assault Move marker in hex 1G1" can be left out but not the more important parts.

I dont think there is any need to keep the text in this windows as short as possible. Most players will be happy to have this additional information.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Your approach (i.e update the info in the Digital game) seems to be a more sensible one then putting everything online for free. Now, can it be done? Only the Dev would know for sure. :)