Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Infantry type question

Fox

I just got this game a day ago and I think it's excellent. I do have some questions though.

I got the ride of the valkyrie pack and was looking at the hell on wheels counterattack scenario as the German and I noticed that the 1st and 2nd batallions of the 4th PzGren Reg are all foot infantry, whereas I would expect them to be mechanized or motorized infantry?

Also I was looking at the buttons for all the popup screens along the bottom and the text bubble will say a shortcut (shift 1, shift 2 etc) for each one, but these key combinations don't seem to work?

Kurt

Hi Fox , in answer to your first question ; The ability to mount & dismount is currently being worked on . Most infantry type units fought dismounted in WWII , even German panzer grenadiers . This game's current system is a compromise / fudge .

Reactions: Fox

zardoz

I assume the OoB and unit-types in CO are well researched.
In 1944/45 the regular Table of Content and unit setups for the Germans in many cases couldnt be provided anymore due lack of material and sufficiantly trained men.
My humble opinion:
So for the Bulge even some mobile elements had been made up with foot infantry. Other units were completed by rather poor trained "Volksgrenadiere".

Kurt

Yes it is all extensively researched , if a detail seems wrong or incomplete then feel free to comment .

simovitch

After December 26th there was not much fuel getting to the Germans in the Ardennes so many of the Pzgr were fighting as foot soldiers for the most part. You will notice in the "goose egg" scenario that the pzgr in the 9SS Pz are mainly on foot. By the time that division got to the battlefield it only had enough fuel for it's Pz Bn's and a few other units.

Reactions: Fox