Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Interface Bug - Missing windows

CAMALEON

Hi,

The last day I saw that the interface had changed.
The new interface is worse than the old one, the window slides are hard to control and look hard to adjust exactly.
Anyway, it worked fine.

Today, all the windows moved and I lost the "setup/turn info" and "continue/end button" windows.

bug-interface-lnl.jpg

How can I get those windows back?

bug-interface-lnl-2.jpg

I can't play without them.

Regards
Luis CAMALEON

CAMALEON

Hello,

I have been able to solve it in part by resetting it, but the window sizes and positions are strange and go out of the window.
And in the options menu the terrain window is overlaid.

And the objectives window has to be unchecked to see it.
The game menu is out of the display.
The windows are very difficult to move, especially to raise them to the top.

Info: 2560x1440 display. maybe it could be the problem...

bug-interface-lnl-3.jpg

regards
Luis

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
I feel like there must be some strange scaling thing going on. Another person reported similar problems and they are also in 2560x1440 so that seems a likely culprit. My system is 1920x1080 which is the same aspect ratio but the Unity UI stuff is super complicated with like three different layers of scaling going on and I would not be surprised that I screwed something up. I will see if I can get a hold of a larger monitor to test some more on it.

It sounds like you figured out how to reset the windows, but in case of an emergency, deleting this file will also reset everything:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\LnLPublishing\LnLTactical\windowinfo.txt

There are no other game settings in that file, it's all window positions, so it's fine to just delete it and things will go back to default.

CAMALEON

Thanks Tom,

I have seen and activated the "disable second display" check. It can help too to avoid the windows goin out of screen. (edit. It hasn't helped much. There are windows that keep popping off screen)

The slide go of 2 or 3 points up and down. Is very difficult left all windows with the same width. Also, i see that in the 1.00 point, no all windows have the same letter width. This is a minor problem, but it is there. And how the interface reset all days...

Ah, and the worst of all is that today, again, all windows are reset and the "setup/turn info" and "continue/end button" are missed too.
Again I have the screen seen above with the 2 windows overlapping.

Regards
Luis

Last edited:

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Actually I just got an email from the 'other' person with the problem and they figured out the positions being screwed up - the file I am saving with the window data is dumping out all the info in local decimal format.

Translation: I want it to save numbers like, say, 2.4 or 7.2938391 to this file, but if you are playing the game in Europe (for example), it saves as 2,4 and 7,2938391 and then when you load the game it freaks out on the commas and figures they are 0 (or maybe 2.0 and 7.0, not sure really).

Good news is it is an easy change to make; bad news is I can't really tell if it worked because I am in decimal-point-land. But I will change it ASAP.

CAMALEON

Yes, it is ok now.
Exactly. I'm in Spain and my decimal separator is the comma.

Thanks Tom and...
What are you doing working on Sunday? I'm sure they don't pay you enough ;)

Thanks a lot
Luis