Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Is it possible such crazy thing?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The digital version is very, very faithful to the boardgame version, so yes you can have two heroes per faction and they are exactly the same as the ones in your boxes. In fact, part of my playtesting reports are centered on making sure we are following all the rules, the scenarios have the same OOB as the published versions, etc.

Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital Steam release date had to be changed to April 2, 2020, at 1:00 PM. Steam had approved our original release date but all releases must wait 10 days after approval. So the official release date is now April 2, 2020. Our games will only be available on Steam going forward. One of the main reasons for this is the updating system and multiplayer features to name a few reasons.

Another great thing is with only having one core engine all new features and improvements go across the entire module series.

Thats very disappointing to me.

Rick

funky

The digital version is very, very faithful to the boardgame version, so yes you can have two heroes per faction and they are exactly the same as the ones in your boxes. In fact, part of my playtesting reports are centered on making sure we are following all the rules, the scenarios have the same OOB as the published versions, etc.

Great

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hello:
Curious if the game will have heroes to the same extent as the Heroes of Stalingrad game (I think the limit was 2 at a time but they had more firepower than squads. And if one died, then of course another could be created to get up to the maximum of two. So you could have maybe 4 heroes in a scenario over time. Which seems way too many from a historical perspective.)
Thanks very much.
Gerry

Hi Gary,

This follows the board game Core Rules v5.0 and since it is possible in the board it should be possible in the Digital game.

David

A lot more work for very little if any reward.

That may be, though I'm not sure why.

And I specifically requested that my kids/grandkids get me a Lock n Load gift certificate for Bdday and Christmas so that I could purchase this plus one other upcoming game. And they did. So I'm still disappointed

Gerry

Anyone know if an eastern front pack or a later-war western front pack is planned. I am only interested in one of the first four packs that are planned, so curious is there a timeline for other packs.
Thanks.

Barthheart

Staff member
All of the other games in the series are planned. Work has already started on Heroes of Falklands and Heroes Against the Red Star. I'm not sure what the release order will be.

Renzo Bulli

After a long and restless night, I got up this morning to find the game available at last! Downloading now, can't wait to get it on my (virtual) table

acarteas

Is multiplayer asynchronous (PBEM style) or do both players have to be live at the same time?

acarteas

I figured as it would require a bit of rules rewriting in order to make impulses not take forever. It's a bummer though as it's tough to get my gaming buddies online at the same time. As such, we mainly play games that support PBEM.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Me making "pew pew" noises in VASSAL just doesn't compare to a real viddya game :)

PBEM is usually not what I define a "real" video game...and LNLT Digital is evidently not a "real" video game; it is a computerized version of the board game. Sure, there are some bells and whistles here and there but not that much; it is still a tactical wargame, not a strategic wargame or a FPS. For me, it is a pimped version of VASSAL, just not PBEM VASSAL.

I'm curious; which PBEM game would you identify as a "real" video game with "pew pew" sound?