Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Is there a more simple Tutorial for CO2 Return to St Vith

Gunnyhighway

I was able to play Airborne Assault Highway to the Reich, because of the tutorial written by Dave O'Connor in 2003. The Tutorial #2 Full Throttle, was easy to understand, each page were easy to print then to read once printed out. The tutorial #2 was immersing the gamer into "Fighting the Battle". Hence understanding the game and its functions as moving forward engaging the ENY and capturing bridges.

The Tutorial to Return to St Vith is beautiful and attractive in a marketing way. I can't read the text once each pages have been printed out, it is too small. Pages are occupied with pictures, historical considerations which are in relation with history but not to the "How to" of the game. It seems that this beautiful tutorial is more about moving troops and how the history translates into the game, than showing the player step by step the "how to use the game mechanics to make it work". Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful document.

Is there a more simple, a more practical tutorial, available, made like the Airborne Assault Highway to the Reich's Tutorial #2 Full Throttle. That document spanned from page 56 to page 86 of the game manual, and was a great help to understand the game and it's functionalities.

*budd*

did you check out the video's dave did for CO1, a lot of it still applies. It's return to ST. Vith also.

Gunnyhighway

I am looking for something I can read in one hand and play the game in the other. Can't do that with a vid. Besides those vids were already included in the Command Ops Battles of the Bulge in 2010. Some still applies and some don't.
I don't learn with videos.
I read it then I write about it, just like in school. That is the way most human brains have been learning efficiently since human know how to write.
In this case I read it and I simultaneously execute it. That is how I learned to Play Highway to the Reich, and to this day since 2005 I still remember the name of the LZ in that tutorial (MOOK), the patrol north in the woods, securing the village west of the LZ, the Ambush of the German on the road south of the LZ, the capture of the canal bridges west of the LZ on the way north to Nijmegen, and the capture of the bridges inside Nijmegen. All of that not for some vids, but for a step by step execution of a mission read from the tutorial and executed simultaneously on my computer. That mission was repeated several times to be able to understand the game, and able to play it. For the time invested in reading and executing worth a thousand fold the same amount of time watching a vid then executing.

Last edited:

simovitch

The closest thing to what you ask for could be that same tutorial from HTTR, assuming you also now also own CO2:HTTR. The scenario called "All American over Nijmegen" should play out similar to the original. Supply works differently, and there are more commands and features now but those sort of things would have to be looked up in the manual anyway. It's just a suggestion, I understand it may not be the answer you were hoping for.

Gunnyhighway

I don't own CO2, just the core engine/demo, but I could buy then the new "Highway to the Reich" and see how it unfolds, as I already have the memory of the op and the base skills to anchor it to.
Then if something is unclear, support will be more attentive to my needs.
Good idea
Thanks

Last edited: