Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

It's OFFICIAL!! - Tank on Tank Digital released

Trent Garner

Tank on Tank Digital is now officially on sale in the Lock N Load Publishing Store. You may have seen YouTube videos of the game, or various screenshots here in the media section in recent weeks. Well, now is your chance to play the game yourself.

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Trent Garner. I am here as the official LNLP representative and all around Q&A guy for Tank on Tank Digital. If you have any questions about the game, please don't hesitate to ask here in the forums.

To familiarize you with my qualifications, I helped during the development process with lots of play testing, the odd UI design idea, as well as designing some of the scenarios you'll be playing. It was a great experience and it gives me unique insight into the game. I also have the ear of the developer, in the event I cannot answer your questions myself.

We hope that you find Tank on Tank Digital fun and exciting to play.

*budd*

Looks nice, alittle lite tactical.Is there any FOW?doesnt look like it from the videos. I don't suppose the manual can be posted, and finally is there any pbem. Congrats on the release.

Trent Garner

Hello budd,

As you have surmised, there is no FOW in Tank on Tank Digital. It is a very lite, low complexity game with perfect information. Surprisingly, the choices you have to make are quite difficult, even so. With variable Action Points (AP) each turn, do you play aggressively, taking risks and hope for the best, or do you play conservatively in an attempt to husband your forces?

There is a manual for the digital game, but it is only available in-game at this time. The manual is a little rough yet, but it is in the final editing phase and will be updated along with the next game update, I am told. If you want to know more about Tank on Tank gameplay, you can read the rule book(s) for the board game editions to get a feel for game mechanics and turn flow. The digital game uses the same rule set as the board game. You can download the Eastfront rules at the link below:

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/tank-on-tank-east-front-living-rules.66/

As for multiplayer, PBEM is not supported, sorry to say. Tank on Tank Digital only supports synchronous online play at release time. You can have public or private matches, though. Games only take 10-20min to play out, in most cases, sometimes less, so you can play 2-3 games in an hour.

I will ask the developer about additional multiplayer modes and whether or not we can expect something new down the road. Hot-Seat would be the mode I'd like to see added.

Thanks for your interest in our game, we are excited about it's release! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited: